Author Topic: Rose Wright. 28 Marloes road kensington W8. [ 20/11/1910]  (Read 1203 times)

Offline daniel s

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Rose Wright. 28 Marloes road kensington W8. [ 20/11/1910]
« on: Sunday 19 March 17 14:22 GMT (UK) »
i am trying to contact any relatives / descendants of rose wright, who gave birth to alice maud wright, my grandmother on  20/11/1910 at 28 marloes road kensington   LONDON W8 .  [ poorlaw infirmary/poorhouse for unmarried mothers ]  I believe she may have  eventually settled in hitchin  hertfordshire ,  [10 Kershaw hill hitchin ]   my grandmother  going into service at ayot house , ayot st lawrence hertfordshire around the age of 14.   rose was believed to have had a further 2 children,   1boy and 1 girl.   any info recieved would be much appreciated , 

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Rose Wright. 28 Marloes road kensington W8. [ 20/11/1910]
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 19 March 17 15:20 GMT (UK) »
Hi and welcome to Rootschat

Have you found Alice or Rose on the 1911 census?
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline daniel s

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 19 March 17 23:23 GMT (UK) »
hi carole w .   have not  yet located  a rose white .  on any census records as yet. she would have been my great grandmother.  according to my grandmothers birth certificate.

Offline candiemouse

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 21 April 17 22:26 BST (UK) »
Hi Daniel,

I am Alice Maud Wrights Great Granddaughter. This has come as quite a shock as I was unaware of any other children, I have come across this post purely by accident whilst searching for information on Marlowes road. I am pretty certain that we have the same person as everything you have mentioned in your post is spot on. I would love to know how you fit in to Alice's past and know a little about you 🙂.

Best regards,

Lisa.

Offline candiemouse

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 21 April 17 22:57 BST (UK) »
Please private message me if you would like more information. I would love to piece together My Great grandmothers past prior to her first marriage.

Offline daniel s

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 22 April 17 15:07 BST (UK) »
Hi  lisa    :)   have only been researching rose wright  for a short time . I believe her  to be my great grandmother [ your great great grandmother] . but have yet to confirm this by way of cross referencing  the info i have gathered so far.  [1] a birth certificate for a  Rose E wright born 24/03/1892. At 33 swinburn rd kensington london.    mothers name, annie wright formerely edwardes, fathers name john william wright.     [2] am  presently awaiting a copy of  a marriage certificate for   a rose wright who married an arthur thurbon in hitchin in 1917 . hopefully this being the same rose wright that i am reaserching .    hopefully the address on the marriage certificate will refer to kershaw hill hitchin ?  will find out shortly. let you know . I hope you dont mind me asking ,and with all due respect  for your privacy .but you wouldnt be the daughter of Removed by moderator by any chance.? .

Moderator comment: please take a moment to read our guidelines for posting wth regards to living people

http://www.rootschat.com/help/posting_guide.php

Offline candiemouse

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 22 April 17 16:22 BST (UK) »
Thank you for responding so quickly Daniel. I've sent you a private message 🙂. Please let me know if you haven't received it, I'm not familiar with rootschat yet!