Author Topic: Stone, John Edward  (Read 1387 times)

Offline Annette7

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Stone, John Edward
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 22 March 17 03:11 GMT (UK) »
Is it possible that after WW1 John Edward Stone decided to remain here?

Births Index shows 2 births in these names in Mar.qtr.1892 - one is the man concerned reg'd Bridge, Kent and the other in Barnsley, Yorks.

However, free search of 1939 register, shows 2 John E Stone' s born 1891 and consulting various records including death index both of these men appear to have been born in December 1891 - the Yorkshire man 30/12/1891.

The other John E Stone was born 19/12/1891 and in 1939 living in Chelmsford, Essex with a wife Ethel M.   Death index shows she was an Ethel May.   He died 1952 Chelmsford and she died 1974 Chelmsford.

These 2 men's births would be registered (if birth dates are correct) in Dec.1891 (if registered quickly) or, more likely, in Mar.qtr.1892.    There are no John's with a second name beginning with 'E' in Dec.qtr.1891 and only 2 - both John Edwards - in Mar.1892.

So, is the man in Chelmsford born 19/12/1891 possibly your man having remained here after the War (since you cannot trace him in Australia after the war)?

However, I cannot find a marriage between a John E. Stone and an Ethel May in UK records.

In conclusion, if you can establish the actual birthdate of your John Edward Stone, this could confirm whether the man in Chelmsford is in fact him, or of course, rule him out completely.

Annette

Scopes (One-Name Study - Worldwide)
Suffolk - Grist, Knights, Bullenthorpe, Watcham
Scotland - Spence, Horne, Cowan, Moffat
London -  Monk

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.   Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.   Just walk beside me and be my friend.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline chempat

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Stone, John Edward
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 22 March 17 06:39 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for the information about Belmore, JM.

I just threw that in because the person there was with a Mary Ann, so wondered if this could be completely ruled out, or was worth looking at in more detail.

I was awaiting any more information from kentstone.

But the exact date of birth from birth certificate looks like the way to go - though it frequently does do so.