Author Topic: FTM Tree Sync ceasing from 29 March?  (Read 17480 times)

Offline GailB

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: FTM Tree Sync ceasing from 29 March?
« Reply #27 on: Saturday 01 April 17 10:16 BST (UK) »
Not me, but I'm not expecting it until tomorrow as it is based on US time.
Armitage, Atherton, Barton, Beck, Bradshaw, Brumfitt, Chetwin, Conalty, Connolly, Connor(s), Davidson, Hilton, Hoey, Johnson, Jones, Knight, Lester, McDonald, Molyneux, Morris, Pownall, Rushton, Spark, Stanley, Tunstall, Welsby, West, Wharton, Williams, Wilson, Windridge, Windstandley

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Saturday 01 April 17 11:18 BST (UK) »
Anyone received the upgrade yet?  It was supposed to start being sent out yesterday but mine's not arrived yet.

Mine neither.
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Jomot

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Saturday 01 April 17 11:27 BST (UK) »
Pleased it's not just me then.  I'm not terribly good at being patient  ;D
MORGAN: Glamorgan, Durham, Ohio. DAVIS/DAVIES/DAVID: Glamorgan, Ohio.  GIBSON: Leicestershire, Durham, North Yorkshire.  RAIN/RAINE: Cumberland.  TAYLOR: North Yorks. BOURDAS: North Yorks. JEFFREYS: Worcestershire & Northumberland. FORBES: Berwickshire, CHEESMOND: Durham/Northumberland. WINTER: Durham/Northumberland. SNOWBALL: Durham.

Offline Robert Fletcher

• RootsChat Veteran
  • And he's still just as cute!
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Saturday 01 April 17 13:26 BST (UK) »
Anyone received the upgrade yet?  It was supposed to start being sent out yesterday but mine's not arrived yet.
I managed to get into MacKiev upgrade center but it was still for 2014.1 I have search high and low and nothing about the upgrades coming through. My cousin in Australia bought a copy and she has not had anything. They must be having problems but they need to tell up on their site or Twitter or somewhere.
Robert..
BELL - Nottingham
FISHER – Hinckley Leics
FLETCHER – Louth (District), Lincolnshire
HALLETT - Grimsby Lincs
MINKLEY - Notts & Leics

Offline weste

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Saturday 01 April 17 13:27 BST (UK) »
Mine's not come either.

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Saturday 01 April 17 13:30 BST (UK) »
This was on their FB page on the 30th March

We have just finished a pre-retirement meeting with Ancestry and while syncing will be turned off tonite precisely at midnight as planned, Ancestry have agreed to keep all other connections between FTM and Ancestry running for a couple more days until we launch our edition. That includes Ancestry hints, Ancestry search and merge, and means your current edition will be more useful while waiting for FTM 2017 to arrive on Friday. And I think that's good news indeed.

Looks as if there's been a hold up!

Offline Robert Fletcher

• RootsChat Veteran
  • And he's still just as cute!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Saturday 01 April 17 20:29 BST (UK) »
This is the latest from Mackiev.
RELEASE OF FTM 2017
FTM 2017 IN FINAL QUALITY REVIEW
Our shipping review meeting ended at 2:30 Utah Time without an agreement to release quite yet. A thousand beta testers were called into service yesterday evening, at the end of the second day of testing FamilySync live on the Ancestry servers with TreeSync disconnected.

Our quality assurance staff have called for more research into issues raised in beta testing. Our engineers are in the office and are going to spend the day following the trail of the most worrying issues raised in testing yesterday. They may turn out to be nothing, but we aren't going to release until we're sure.

In the meantime, Ancestry have agreed that existing FTM editions may continue to work until we ship That means that Ancestry hints, search, merge, maps and the Web dashboard will all keep working a few more days. We'll be sending out an email to everyone who has pre-ordered FTM 2017 a bit later today. .We will keep this page updated with our progress.
https://support.mackiev.com/498640-RELEASE-OF-FTM-2017
BELL - Nottingham
FISHER – Hinckley Leics
FLETCHER – Louth (District), Lincolnshire
HALLETT - Grimsby Lincs
MINKLEY - Notts & Leics

Offline Jomot

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Saturday 01 April 17 20:33 BST (UK) »
Ho Hum.  Well better to wait and have it work properly than have it on time & faulty, but they've certainly left testing down to the wire!

Thanks for posting the update.
MORGAN: Glamorgan, Durham, Ohio. DAVIS/DAVIES/DAVID: Glamorgan, Ohio.  GIBSON: Leicestershire, Durham, North Yorkshire.  RAIN/RAINE: Cumberland.  TAYLOR: North Yorks. BOURDAS: North Yorks. JEFFREYS: Worcestershire & Northumberland. FORBES: Berwickshire, CHEESMOND: Durham/Northumberland. WINTER: Durham/Northumberland. SNOWBALL: Durham.

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Saturday 01 April 17 20:37 BST (UK) »
Thanks Robert

I presume that means there were certain things that they couldn't test while it was still synced to Ancestry. Lets hope that they get it sorted soon. I suppose the safest thing would be not to add anything to trees until the syncing is up and running.