Author Topic: Vernon in Stoney Stanton  (Read 1725 times)

Offline lemontea

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Vernon in Stoney Stanton
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 29 March 17 23:31 BST (UK) »
Thank you Willsy  :) Yes I do have that one in my 'possible' file and I will have a closer look now that you've pointed me in the direction of a burial record for Bridget. I too have been unable to find a marriage for John and Bridget, but I was wondering that as she came from Ireland, she may have been Roman Catholic so I perhaps should widen the search area. I could be wrong but I don't think there is (or was) a Catholic Church in Stoney Stanton?

I actually have lots of headstone photo's from the churchyard at St Michael's so I will wade through them tomorrow and see if I can find a Bridget amongst them. Thank you once again  :)

Offline lemontea

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 31 March 17 14:00 BST (UK) »
I just wanted to thank everyone who has had some input into sorting out these Vernons and Masons Particular thanks to Ellenmai for the marriage information for Amos Vernon and Mary Mason  :) and huge thanks to dcbnwh (David) for the baptisms of both Amos Vernon and Mary Mason. Also for the information regarding Mary's siblings . . this was the tool that knocked down my brick wall  :D I already had a census record for Ann Lane (nee Vernon) who was the daughter of Mary and Amos Vernon, on the 1871 both she and her daughter Florence Annie were visiting in Enderby with William and Hephzibah Biddle. Hephzibah was Mary's sister  :) Also on that census as a visitor was an Isaac Gilliver and he turns out to be the son of Ann (another sister of Mary's) and John Gilliver. It all fits and I'm very, very happy  :D

Offline willsy

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 31 March 17 20:14 BST (UK) »
It's brilliant when it comes together, puts me in mind of the very first help I had which were baptisms for my very first Wards; helped no end. Good luck with the rest of search
Willsy

Ward, Newark (Nottingham), Leicester, Scarborough
Warren, Northampton, Leicester
Moore, Leicestershire
Hunt, Leicestershire
Kirkman, Leicestershire
Hurst, Leicester, Stowmarket
Kendrick, Leicestershire
Eld, Leicestershire
Essex Edey/Eady Elsden/Elsdon

Census Transcriptions are Crown Copyright from National Archives