Author Topic: john sanctuarys children  (Read 657 times)

Offline derekparkinson

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
john sanctuarys children
« on: Tuesday 04 April 17 17:37 BST (UK) »
John Sanctuary was baptised 8/3/1767 in Westacre, Norfolk.  He married Francis Brown on 30/6/1793 in Gayton, Norfolk. I know they had at least one child (Sarah) born 6/3/1815 in Gayton.  I have received information (from an unknown 3rd party source that I cannot verify) that there were other children namely - Robert, John(?) baptised 20/6/1758 at Gayton, & Anne baptised 25/8/1756 also at Gayton. Is anyone else researching this family & able to add any information please?      Any advice or information would be welcome.

Offline Pheno

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: john sanctuarys children
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 04 April 17 17:50 BST (UK) »
Hi, welcome to Rootschat.

Do you mean siblings of the John Sanctuary bp 1767? rather than children as the baptisms you suggest in 1758 & 1756 are before his own!

Pheno 
Austin/Austen - Sussex & London
Bond - Berkshire & London
Bishop - Sussex & Kent
Holland - Essex
Nevitt - Cheshire & Staffordshire
Wray - Yorkshire

Offline ciderdrinker

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 05 April 17 13:40 BST (UK) »

John 18.12.1768 Westacre s of John and Sussanna
As far as I can see
John married by licence Sussanna Coulson 9.10.1768 there so earlier children shouldn't be them.

Ciderdrinker

Offline derekparkinson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 05 April 17 16:42 BST (UK) »
Hello Pheno,

Thanks for your welcome to the board - it was my first posting.  I am seeking the children of John Sanctuary.  The information about his possible children came from this 3rd party source who has produced a tree for the Sanctuarys.  Unfortunately, as you point out, there are obvious anomalies with some of the information in the tree.  So  I am looking to identify  any children of John Sanctuary but particularly if there was a Robert who married Mary Galloway 13/12/1815.  From that point on to the present day my personal tree is complete & verified.

Derek

Offline derekparkinson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 05 April 17 17:24 BST (UK) »
Hello Ciderdrinker,

Thanks for your reply.  I have identified the John Sanctuary who married Susanna Coulson on 9/10/1768 at All Saints, West Acre.  I have also  identified 9 children from that marriage & the last to be born was a Robert who was baptised on 2/1/1781 at Wendling, Norfolk.  If he was the Robert who married Mary Galloway on 13/12/1815 at Gayton he would have been 34 on his wedding day which for this period is a little old for a 1st marriage.  Most of the rest of the Sanctuarys were getting married in their teens or 20s, usually as soon as they discovered the girl was pregnant!  The problem I have is that the Sanctuary family seem to have baptised just about every other child as a John or Robert making positive identification of the individuals difficult when it comes to drawing up a family tree.  I believe I have found just about every Sanctuary who has a record of birth/baptism in Norfolk but trying to link them up between generations has been very difficult!

Derek

Offline Leigh Dyer

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 22 April 17 17:03 BST (UK) »
Hi

John Sanctuary (1739–1788) and Susanna (née Coulson) were my 6th great-grandparents, I've never been that sure of their children but their son William Sanctuary (1765–1842) was my 5th great-grandfather and baptised 28 Mar 1770 Wendling, Norfolk.