Author Topic: Boothroyd family album for dating  (Read 1455 times)

Offline SarahLuna

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Boothroyd family album for dating
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 16 April 17 18:59 BST (UK) »
Hi everyone, sorry i'm just catching up with these post! Thanks jim1 and Ellenmai, this is amazing information about the soldier! Yes, that is exactly him! This might seem like a stupid question but what did a driver do? Did he drive a horse? Where did you find these records, are they online somewhere?

From the research I've done so far I don't think the older man and young boy is the same person as the soldier as I think I have now identified his father, but this photo of the soldier must definitely be Herbert and Gladys!

May I ask where this Boothroyd family came from?

The Boothroyds are all from Huddersfield, as far back as I've researched the whole of my family are all from Huddersfield.

Offline jim1

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ain't life grand
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 16 April 17 19:15 BST (UK) »
He would have driven horses.
Warks:Ashford;Cadby;Clarke;Clifford;Cooke Copage;Easthope;
Edmonds;Felton;Colledge;Lutwyche;Mander(s);May;Poole;Withers.
Staffs.Edmonds;Addison;Duffield;Webb;Fisher;Archer
Salop:Easthope,Eddowes,Hoorde,Oteley,Vernon,Talbot,De Neville.
Notts.Clarke;Redfearne;Treece.
Som.May;Perriman;Cox
India Kane;Felton;Cadby
London.Haysom.
Lancs.Gay.
Worcs.Coley;Mander;Sawyer.
Kings of Wessex & Scotland
Census information is Crown copyright,from
www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/

Offline jillruss

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Poppy
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 16 April 17 20:00 BST (UK) »

May I ask where this Boothroyd family came from?

The Boothroyds are all from Huddersfield, as far back as I've researched the whole of my family are all from Huddersfield.

Thanks, Sarah. As far as I can tell, mine are from the Huddersfield/Almondbury/Holmfirth area as well. I thought Boothroyd would be quite a common name in that area but it seems not that common, so when your pictures etc turned up, my antenna also went up!!

Can I ask how far back you've researched your Boothroyds and if there is a Bathsheba/Bathia/Betty in there anywhere? Bit of a long shot, I know!!!

Jill
HELP!!!

BATHSHEBA BOOTHROYD bn c. 1802 W. Yorks.

Baptism nowhere to be found. Possibly in a nonconformist church near ALMONDBURY or HUDDERSFIELD.

Offline SarahLuna

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 16 April 17 20:09 BST (UK) »
Thanks, Sarah. As far as I can tell, mine are from the Huddersfield/Almondbury/Holmfirth area as well. I thought Boothroyd would be quite a common name in that area but it seems not that common, so when your pictures etc turned up, my antenna also went up!!

Can I ask how far back you've researched your Boothroyds and if there is a Bathsheba/Bathia/Betty in there anywhere? Bit of a long shot, I know!!!

Ah thats so interesting! On the Boothroyd line, going back from Ben, is his father Lot and then I have 3 Henrys going back to 1769 and thats as far as I can get. Lots wife is called Betty, she was born 1834 and her maiden name was Stocks. I don't have all the brothers and sisters yet though so I still have a long way to go.

Offline jillruss

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Poppy
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 16 April 17 20:36 BST (UK) »
Hi Sarah,

Thanks for your reply. Just to give you a bit more info in case any of it sounds in any way familiar...

My Bathsheba was born about 1802 (died in 1844 age 42), so not that far back. I've never been able to find a baptism for her under the name Bathsheba but there is a Betty Boothroyd born in Holmfirth in 1802, daughter of Joseph, a blacksmith.  Bathsheba married Thomas Sykes in 1823 in Almondbury.

With a name like that, its possible Bathsheba's family was part of a nonconformist church and I have still to find her, although I've checked as many as I've been able to find. My suspicion is that the parish clerk couldn't cope with the name and just wrote Betty instead!!
HELP!!!

BATHSHEBA BOOTHROYD bn c. 1802 W. Yorks.

Baptism nowhere to be found. Possibly in a nonconformist church near ALMONDBURY or HUDDERSFIELD.

Offline SarahLuna

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 16 April 17 20:43 BST (UK) »
I can't find anyone related to my Boothroyds with that name but I will keep an eye out for her popping up somewhere. These Boothroyds are all Methodists, going as far back as I can find.

Offline jloy326

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 25 April 17 01:34 BST (UK) »
It was tempting to color.
If a task is once begun never leave it till it's done. Be the labor great or small, do it well or not at all.