Author Topic: Henry Rogers burial  (Read 3824 times)

Offline kiwihalfpint

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Women and Cats will do as they please
    • View Profile
Re: Henry Rogers burial
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 27 April 17 20:52 BST (UK) »
Thought you would have done that back ground work Lu ;D  the school record was just the little bit of icing to add

Cheers
KHP
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline anitawanita

• RootsChat Member
  • We are all related somehow!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Friday 28 April 17 00:40 BST (UK) »

*    Might he have gone to live with one of his children ?

~  Lu

Probably.  1896 E/R for Waikato show Henry Rogers as a farmer at Tamahere.   1905/1906 E/R for Manukau show a Henry Rogers Snr, Henry Rogers Jnr, farmers at Papatoitoi, along with a Margaret Ellen.

School records show a Henry Rogers who attended Tamahere School in 1885 with a birth date of
16 Apr 1874.  There is a Henry Rogers buried in Pukekohe Cemetery who died in 1953 at the age of 78.

Cheers
KHP

I don't think we knew about this son born in New Zealand to Henry & Louisa, thanks for the info

I see there is a Margaret Allen Rogers D 1965 listed on the Council website, with no mention of her Henry Rogers.
Manning, Guildford/Guilford, Love, McEneany, Bernard, Aislabie, Potter, Cain/Kean, West, Ross, Nicholls, Dearle, Rogers, Howard, Fergusson, Raynor, Butler, Bland, Smart, Greig, de Almeida (Azores)...

Offline anitawanita

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 28 April 17 01:03 BST (UK) »
Oh wow, I think Henry Rogers born 1875 was a twin!

Ernest Rogers born to Louisa and Henry Rogers 1875

I've never come across any twins in all of my family trees  :D

EDIT: Unfortunately it seems that Ernest passed away after one month :( His birth and death records show Cambridge, NZ
Manning, Guildford/Guilford, Love, McEneany, Bernard, Aislabie, Potter, Cain/Kean, West, Ross, Nicholls, Dearle, Rogers, Howard, Fergusson, Raynor, Butler, Bland, Smart, Greig, de Almeida (Azores)...

Offline Fresh Fields

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • If only they could talk !
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Friday 28 April 17 10:42 BST (UK) »
Hello.

I have not joined this forum until now because the well established Waikato surname of ROGERS has not featured in any of my pioneers' research to date, so have no local knowledge how they may all relate. Nor do I currently have a south Hamilton local historian contact.

In later years post WWII, one prominent family of GP’s were also very active in politics’ and Hamilton City Council.

Another was a leading light in the rearing of light horses and exotic cattle breeds. Waikato’s horse whisperer who could get his horse to do amazing tricks.

In later years he lived in an eye catching A framed home on his property across the Ohaupo Road from the Hamilton Aero Club. Just a few miles across the Narrows Bridge from Tamahere.

Johnny ROGERS Rukuhia.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/waikato-times/life-style/84007734/Horse-club-to-celebrate-75-years

http://natlib.govt.nz/records/31195790?search%5Bi%5D%5Bsubject%5D=History+of+Agriculture&search%5Bil%5D%5Bcollection%5D=Bibliography+of+the+Greater+Waikato+Region&search%5Bil%5D%5Bprimary_collection%5D=findNZarticles&search%5Bpath%5D=items

-   Alan.
Early Settlers & Heritage. Family History.

Offline anitawanita

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Friday 28 April 17 10:53 BST (UK) »
Thank you Alan for those links

A cousin has recently shared with me the story of Johnnie Rogers as she met him through the A&P shows back in the day

He sounds like an interesting character and he is definitely related to our clan  :)

Offline anitawanita

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Saturday 29 April 17 08:41 BST (UK) »
I've extracted all of the 'Henry Rogers' deaths listed on the BDM website, none of them match his birth date of 1825.

Louisa's birthdate noted on her headstone is questionable too, at least 4 years older than she was in reality

Henry Rogers deaths in NZ:

1952 @82 years = born 1870
1923 @67 = 1856
1934 @49 = 1885
1894 @56 = 1838
1908 @81 = 1827
1890 @48 = 1842
1905 @75 = 1830
1948 @73 = 1875
1910 @94 = 1816
1879 @35 = 1844

Offline Fresh Fields

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • If only they could talk !
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Saturday 29 April 17 11:29 BST (UK) »
Hello again.

It would appear that your subject did not choose to pay for an inclusion in the Cyclopedia of New Zealand, though possibly gets a mention as being at Hautapu. One Henry Frances ROGERS born at Tapu 1975, who spent most of his life in the Thames to Waihi areas, has several mentions plus a photo published.

See:-
H ROGERS references in Cyclopedia of New Zealand [Auckland Provincial District 1902]

George CARE married daughter of Mr H ROGERS Hautapu.

http://nzetc.victoria.ac.nz//tm/scholarly/tei-Cyc02Cycl-t1-body1-d3-d3-d25.html

Portrait of Henry Frances ROGERs, born at Tapu in 1975. Educated Auckland, vocation store keeper, Helensville, Paeroa, Waitekauri, Golden Cross Post Master.

http://nzetc.victoria.ac.nz//tm/scholarly/Cyc02Cycl-fig-Cyc02Cycl0916b.html

http://nzetc.victoria.ac.nz//tm/scholarly/tei-Cyc02Cycl-t1-body1-d3-d5-d20.html

- Alan.
Early Settlers & Heritage. Family History.

Offline Lucy2

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Sunday 30 April 17 00:34 BST (UK) »

Going to throw this in.   NZSG have in their collection a death cert for a Henry Rogers 16 Jul 1910 at Pukekohe, and this looks like the burial : 30 Sept 1910, place Tamahere.

Cheers
KHP

Hi KHP

Just wanted to ask if you found the two records above > death cert Henry ROGERS 1910 and  burial 30 Sept 1910 at Tamahere, together ?   What I'm asking is are they linked on the NZSG record - or do they appear as two separate listings ??

Thanks ...    :)

Offline kiwihalfpint

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Women and Cats will do as they please
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Sunday 30 April 17 06:50 BST (UK) »

or do they appear as two separate listings ??

Thanks ...    :)

As above, two separate listings, that is why I suggested getting the Printout, I did wonder if perhaps  for the same person or two different Henry's. :)

Cheers
KHP
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk