Author Topic: Edward Morgan of Drumgath  (Read 1242 times)

Offline Lixcas

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Edward Morgan of Drumgath
« on: Wednesday 26 April 17 15:58 BST (UK) »
I don't know much else about Edward Morgan then he was a labourer as told on his marriage certificate and that is his father was called Owen Morgan and was a farmer I believed he married a connection of mine called Bridget Loy( Don't know when she was born) They got married on 13 Nov 1865 in Cullyhanna Chapel, Co Armagh

I have not found any children born in the marriage so I was wondering if anyone had Edward in their family tree and if they know what happen to Bridget

Thanks to anyone for information 
Mackin Armagh, Ireland
Casey Armagh, Ireland
Burke Armagh, Ireland
Loye
Pyers/Powers
McGuinness/Maginnis Louth and Armagh, Ireland
McDonnell Louth, Ireland
Hardy Louth, Ireland
Shivers
McGrath Down, Ireland
Murtagh Down,Ireland

Offline BallyaltikilliganG

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Edward Morgan of Drumgath
« Reply #1 on: Friday 28 April 17 20:16 BST (UK) »
Owen Morgan of drumgath co down
children
Edward Morgan so bbb 1850 m  13 Nov 1865 in Cullyhanna Chapel, Co Armagh  Bridget Loy daughter of Edward Loy see familysearch.org then he was a labourer as told on his marriage certificate and that is his father was called Owen Morgan and was a farmer I believed he married a connection of mine called Bridget Loy  ( Don't know when she was born) They got married on 13 Nov 1865 in Cullyhanna Chapel, Co Armagh

suppose this is the family in 1880 in US
Edward Morgan   Self   M   28   Ireland so b ~ 1852
Bridget Morgan   Wife   F   33   Ireland so b ~ 1847 looks like they went to England first in 1875-6
Cathrine Morgan   Daughter   F   4   Pennsylvania, United States
enumerator got muddled which daughter b where

Mary Morgan   Daughter   F   3   England try  try https://www.freebmd.org.uk/cgi/search.
Michael Morgan   Brother   M   28 b~ 1852 A twin ?   Ireland works in shoe factory
Citing this Record
"United States Census, 1880," database with images, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:MWJB-QJ2 : 11 August 2016), Bridget Morgan in household of Edward Morgan, Philadelphia, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States; citing enumeration district ED 550, sheet 508A, NARA microfilm publication T9 (Washington D.C.: National Archives and Records Administration, n.d.), roll 1185; FHL microfilm 1,255,185.

from family search.org
Edward Morgan   Head   M   55   Ireland
Bridget Morgan   Wife   F   56   Ireland
Wm Foody   Grandson   M   11   Pennsylvania
Citing this Record
"United States Census, 1910," database with images, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:MGCJ-98K : accessed 28 April 2017), Edward Morgan, Philadelphia Ward 39, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States; citing enumeration district (ED) ED 988, sheet 3B, family 61, NARA microfilm publication T624 (Washington D.C.: National Archives and Records Administration, 1982), roll 1409; FHL microfilm 1,375,422.

Ros Davies has http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~rosdavies/SURNAMES/M/
Eleanor   MORGAN   .   Drumgath   sponsor at the baptism of Anne, daughter of Henry Maginniss & Catherine Shiels 29 Aug 1852 at Catholic Church   PR
Elizabeth   MORGAN   .   Drumgath   a grocer & spirit dealer in Rathfriland in 1824   POD
John   MORGAN   .   Drumgath   leased a house in 1831 from Owen Morgan ; eviction hearing ; dismissed   RCCPCI p280
John   MORGAN   .   Drumgath   married Catherine McConville 2 Oct 1851 in Drumgath Catholic Church
Michael   MORGAN   . Drumgath   a flax dresser in Rathfriland in 1819   POD
Michal   MORGAN   .   Drumgath   married Rose Morgan 2 Mar 1862 in Drumgath Catholic Church   PR
Owen   MORGAN   .   Drumgath   executor in the will of John McEvoy of Islandmoyle in 1923   PRONI wills   

Cullyhanna is in Creggan Civil Parish on the border of Co Armagh and Co Louth
Hoping others join in for you
Good luck
Gracey Gracie Gracy Grassy Greacy
worldwide