Author Topic: Mount Farm, Fernyhalgh Lane, Preston  (Read 870 times)

Offline Exiled Mancunian

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Mount Farm, Fernyhalgh Lane, Preston
« on: Monday 01 May 17 17:38 BST (UK) »
My wife was born at the above address in 1958 but unfortunately we don't have any pictures of it. A search of the LRO catalogue has drawn a blank.
I know it is a long shot but does anyone have pictures of this property or have any idea of where I might try.
Thanks in advance for any help offered.
Lancashire: Platt, Peckett, Gradwell, Garlick, Roscoe, Redmayne, Calvert, Jagger
Cheshire: Roscoe, Edge
Yorkshire: Jagger

Offline Duck

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Mount Farm, Fernyhalgh Lane, Preston
« Reply #1 on: Monday 01 May 17 20:44 BST (UK) »
Hi Exiled Mancunian

I'll go and take a photo of the property for you, give me a couple of days & as long as I can get to it, there is a new road being built straight through Fernyhalgh

Kind regards

Simon
Nash, Whittingham - Wolverhampton<br />Nash, Whittingham, Pardoe, Cartwright - Worcs<br />Osbaldeston, Kay, Wyles, - Preston, Lancs<br />Dippnall, Poulton, Burton, Dawes - Manchester/Salford<br />McPoland, Tildesley, Iveson, Fox - Lancashire North Of The Sands
Wild, - Claughton, Lancashire
Kay, - Longridge, Chipping, Ribchester

Offline Exiled Mancunian

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 02 May 17 17:06 BST (UK) »
Hi Simon,

Thank you for your kind offer and it would be much appreciated if you could manage it. I look forward to hearing from you again in due course and I hope it will not cause you any inconvenience you.

Kind regards,

Chris
Lancashire: Platt, Peckett, Gradwell, Garlick, Roscoe, Redmayne, Calvert, Jagger

Offline Duck

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 03 May 17 18:32 BST (UK) »
Hi Chris

Do you know which side of Fernyhalgh Lane Mount Farm is located, the Ladywell Shrine side or the Preston one?  For some reason Fernyhalgh Lane doesn't run through

King regards

Simon
Nash, Whittingham - Wolverhampton<br />Nash, Whittingham, Pardoe, Cartwright - Worcs<br />Osbaldeston, Kay, Wyles, - Preston, Lancs<br />Dippnall, Poulton, Burton, Dawes - Manchester/Salford<br />McPoland, Tildesley, Iveson, Fox - Lancashire North Of The Sands

Offline Exiled Mancunian

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 03 May 17 21:01 BST (UK) »
Hi Simon,

As far as my wife can remember it will be on the Ladywell side. Bear in mind she was only about five when she left there and she is now approaching sixty, so it is quite a while ago.

Kind regards,

Chris

Offline Duck

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 04 May 17 20:50 BST (UK) »
Hi Chris

I'm afraid I have bad news, Mount Farm was demolished in 1999.  Mount House that fronted the farm is still there, in place of original Mount Farm is a newish bungalow that uses the same name.

A nice lady in Mount House had aerial photos of her property, which she let me photograph and when I work out how to post an image, I will post the photos

Kind regards

Simon

Offline Exiled Mancunian

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 04 May 17 21:55 BST (UK) »
Hi Simon,

Thanks for trying. I've just sent you a personal message.

Regards,

Chris