Author Topic: German Ancestors Help please - NEBEL / ROSE  (Read 347 times)

Offline wikitoria

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
German Ancestors Help please - NEBEL / ROSE
« on: Sunday 07 May 17 11:07 BST (UK) »
I was hoping that someone could help me, one of my ancestors (Ada Beatrice Rose) was married to a Walter Karl Nebel, I know this from her British consul death certificate, however I am unsure about how to find the actual marriage, I have tried the usual routes etc. They also have a daughter - B.G Stadelbauer who resided in 1958 in Hubbelrath, Dusseldorf.

Any help, tips on how to find more about this family would be most appreciated!

Thankyou

Offline JustinL

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: German Ancestors Help please
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 07 May 17 15:07 BST (UK) »
So you are assuming that Ada and Walter married in Germany.

If Ada was born in the mid-1870s (died between 1955 and 1960 in Düsseldorf aged 83), we can assume that she married Walter well over 80 years ago, which is a critical factor.

Under German law, only marriage records over 80 years old are accessible to researchers and will have been transferred from the original registry office (Standesamt) to the responsible state archive.

If they married in Düsseldorf or at least in the state of Nordrhein-Westfalen, then the relevant registers are held at Landesarchiv NRW. Abteilung Rheinland in Duisburg.

You can email the archives at rheinland@lav.nrw.de or via this contact form http://www.archive.nrw.de/lav/abteilungen/rheinland/oeffnungszeiten_und_kontakt/kontaktformular_duesseldorf/index.php

If you cannot be sure about the marriage location, then I would fear that the archives will not be able to undertake the search for the needle in the haystack.