Author Topic: When did Thomas Keady marry Mary Audley (Audly)?  (Read 1170 times)

Offline Deesider

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
When did Thomas Keady marry Mary Audley (Audly)?
« on: Sunday 07 May 17 13:50 BST (UK) »
Hi
I know Thomas Keady and Mary Audley (Audly) had at least 3 childrem from the following Birth Registrations all in Oughterard Registration District:

Born 10th July 1880 John Keady at Doon Father Thomas Keady, a landholder of Doon, mother Mary Keady formerly Audley

Born 17th November 1887 Kate Keady at Parl, Father Thomas Keady a landholder of Park, Mother Mary Keady formerly Audly

Born 6th August 1889 William Keady at Park, father Thomas Keady a labourer, mother Mary Keady formerly Audly

But I cannot seem to find a record of their marriage can anybody help?
 It may be obvious but I have missed it!!

The family appear to have emigrated to Pittsburg, Pennsylvania in 1892 and their surname appears to have changed on arrival in America from Keady to Ready. In the 1900 US federal census the Mother Mary Ready (Keady) formerly Audl(e)y is described as Widowed and aged 37 and suggests that she was born in July 1863. This would mean that she was only 17 years old when she had her first child.

Any help in finding their place of marriage and Mary's fathers name would be appreciated

Thanks
The Wirral Way

Offline ballydw

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: When did Thomas Keady marry Mary Audley (Audly)?
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 07 May 17 14:11 BST (UK) »
www.irishgenealogy.ie for Civil Records (site is down at present)  Family Search.org has lots of records for Keady

Offline heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 07 May 17 15:48 BST (UK) »
I can't yet see a civil marriage but there is this from Killanin parish registers to consider.

http://registers.nli.ie/registers/vtls000634180#page/36/mode/1up

Thomas Keady and Mary Addilly Jan 10th 1878
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Deesider

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 07 May 17 16:08 BST (UK) »
Hi heywood,
That is definately them, it would be helpful if we could find the civil registration for the marriage

Regards
The Wirral Way