Author Topic: Looking for some general advice. Female testing.  (Read 1494 times)

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for some general advice. Female testing.
« Reply #9 on: Friday 19 May 17 06:30 BST (UK) »
Liviani, it doesn't matter than your Uncles don't live near you. If you purchase a test, you could have it sent to them. They would need to take the cheek swab, then post the test. You could give your contact details, determine passwords etc.

It may be easier for you to purchase the test, have it sent to you, then you send it to your Uncle, he takes the test and posts it back to you, then you return the test to the testing company.  :P That way there would be no confusion regarding contact details.

Even easier - see if you can persuade your father to take the test. It's easy peasy, just takes a few seconds, and is non invasive.

Good luck.

Offline Liviani

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 20 May 17 14:45 BST (UK) »
Liviani, it doesn't matter than your Uncles don't live near you. If you purchase a test, you could have it sent to them. They would need to take the cheek swab, then post the test. You could give your contact details, determine passwords etc.

It may be easier for you to purchase the test, have it sent to you, then you send it to your Uncle, he takes the test and posts it back to you, then you return the test to the testing company.  :P That way there would be no confusion regarding contact
Even easier - see if you can persuade your father to take the test. It's easy peasy, just takes a few seconds, and is non invasive.

Good luck.

Many many thanks for the advice. I'll see what I can do regarding my father. He's very stubborn and uninterested in the subject though  ::)

mtDNA subclade K1b2b. Father's Y-DNA I-S25383
GEDmatch kit; CF7867455
Father's kit; RY1336515
Mother's kit; AF2312865

Kincardineshire
Sheret, Hosie, Valentine, Crow, Beattie, McArthur, Wyllie.
Angus (Forfarshire)
Adam, Valentine, Ewan, Elder, Guild, Kydd, Bradford, Stronner, Gibson, Cloudsley, Evans, Stewart, Stott.
Perthshire
Small, Robertson, Murray, Kennedy, McGregor
Ross & Cromarty
Cameron, Stewart, Grant
Banffshire - Gamrie
Anderson, Massie

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 21 May 17 15:04 BST (UK) »
Try bribery Liviani.  ;)

It will be worth it.