Author Topic: Gedmatch database  (Read 4089 times)

Offline drscraig

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Gedmatch database
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 24 June 17 11:36 BST (UK) »
David, out of idle curiosity I ran your GEDmatch kit against mine.... using the default settings, we share 15.5cM (7.5 on chromosome 7 and 8 on chromosome 12) estimated MRCA 6.9 which is quite some time ago. There is an additional 3cM on chromosome 14 which shows up when I lower the threshold. No shared X DNA.
Hi and welcome

I have a list of some of my names also in my signature, as you say 7 generations is a while ago, do any of those names ring a bell?

If you make 2 more posts you are then able to send a private message if you don't wish to share that information on here.

The one thing about being in Australia is a robust civil obedience and record keeping , so most Australians can and should be able to follow a path back to most families to about 1800 ( bragging)

My ancestors are based all over the UK from Scotland to Cornwall and places in between but no Welsh ( so far) and a few Germans

Thanks David.... I was born in Greenock, Scotland, and my family Hx is Gaelic/Norman (Scotland) mostly, and Irish (who married into some of my Scottish lines 'sojourning' in Ireland during times of.. ahem... trouble). I don't recognise any of your tagline surnames, but most of my Irish lines don't go back that far! I'm hoping to find very distant matches, like you for example, who might have links back there as well.

Offline drscraig

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 24 June 17 11:44 BST (UK) »
Hi can we plz have a forum post for people to post their Gedmatch result kit numbers (as in the top permanent links for this forum)..Great thing about gedmatch doesnt matter who you tested with its free to upload and get matches unlike paid subscription sites
Thanks

Some of your surnames are in my tree as well. I'm A001823 on GEDmatch if you want to compare. Post how it goes.

Offline DavidG02

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Saturday 24 June 17 11:44 BST (UK) »
Yes, like most sorting out the Irish records will take some time and the kind help of others doing the transcribing. I have found  a possible extra name to a Canny in Clare.

Mainly Tulla Clare for the McNamara line and Limerick for a Tierney line.
Genealogy-Its a family thing

Paternal: Gibbins,McNamara, Jenkins, Schumann,  Inwood, Sheehan, Quinlan, Tierney, Cole

Maternal: Munn, Simpson , Brighton, Clayfield, Westmacott, Corbell, Hatherell, Blacksell/Blackstone, Boothey , Muirhead

Son: Bull, Kneebone, Lehmann, Cronin, Fowler, Yates, Biglands, Rix, Carpenter, Pethick, Carrick, Male, London, Jacka, Tilbrook, Scott, Hampshire, Buckley

Brickwalls-   Schumann, Simpson,Westmacott/Wennicot
Scott, Cronin
Gedmatch Kit : T812072