Author Topic: John Davies Tregeiriog, Denbighshire Wales (Parish of Llanarmon Dyffryn Ceiriog)  (Read 5439 times)

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Ah - Mary might well have been born Chirk, which is where the muddle might have occurred :

Reg for Mary Davies, June Quarter 1865, Oswestry . Mother's mn Matthews

(Funny - the GRO seems faster than other sites!)

Added - but no John  ???
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline despair

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Perhaps it means that the Sarah Jones record is the correct one.

Regards
Roger

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Perhaps it means that the Sarah Jones record is the correct one.

Regards
Roger

North Wales BMD has that marriage taking place at St Collen, Llangollen but I can't find it in the parish records - maybe it might be among the ones listed in Pontfadog -  was still a Chapelry of Llangollen until 1848.

Must sign off now.

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Just found these on GRO site for a Jones surname:

Sarah Ann JonesDavies*- birth reg March Q, 1868, Oswestry 6A 695 - mmn - Jones

(*added -  slip of the surnames!)

Some John Davies birth  registrations - mothers maiden name - Jones

March Q, 1860, Llanfyllin
June Q. 1860,Oswestry
Sept Q, 1860. Llanfyllin (x 2)

Joanne - if you'd like to look through all the various postings offline, you can get a listing by pressing the PRINT tab at the top/bottom of the thread. You can then save the listing as a text file and print it off.

Gadget

Offline despair

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
There is a possible death for Sarah Davies,aged 31,March Qtr 1869 in LLanfyllin.This could explain why the children are with grandparents(?) in 1871.I'll see if I can find a second marriage for Evan(also to a Sarah).
The specific naming of Sarah Ann probably favours the 1859 Sarah Jones marriage.

Regards
Roger

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
I've found the 1859 Llangollen marriage - as thought, it was under Pontfadog! I don't think it is them as it's a second marriage and they are 44 and 50.

Offline despair

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: John Davies Tregeiriog, Denbighshire Wales (Parish of Llanarmon Dyffryn Ceiriog)
« Reply #42 on: Wednesday 07 June 17 17:45 BST (UK) »
A number of comments re your PM:-

The Evan Davies aged 14 in Llancadwaladr 1851(HO107/2499/567/1) looks a very good find(annuitant is crossed out on the original).

Your find of the marriage of David Davies and Elizabeth Hughes,Llancadwaladr 1828 also looks very promising.
The first child in the 1841 census at Tynrhud(sic) is Elizabeth.There is an 1831 baptism under Llanarmon DC with an address of Pen y Bont which s a good candidate.(I'm not sure if it's coincidence but Penybont Rhiwlas is,I think,the address for Evan,Sarah and John in the 1861 census-RG09/1876/63/14).

The last three children of David and Elizabeth in the 1841 census,Evan,David and Edward come under the civil registration system,and while it is circumstantial,there are entries for all three with mmn Hughes under Llanfylliin Union district.

Regards
Roger

Offline Joanne1969

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: John Davies Tregeiriog, Denbighshire Wales (Parish of Llanarmon Dyffryn Ceiriog)
« Reply #43 on: Wednesday 07 June 17 20:27 BST (UK) »
Hi Roger, thank you for up date and confidence I'm getting such a good feeling about the Davies's now  ;D

Today in my lunch hour I checked out if there were any hints on Ancestry on my tree from what I added so far and there was one for Enoch Davies 1843 • Llangadwaladr, Denbighshire 4th grt uncle!!!

It was the 1871 census and oh my word what a find (well it is to me) I found him and his family wife Elizabeth, his brother Edward 1840 wife Mary, the other brother Richard 1834, wife Jane and their parents David and Elizabeth Davies and little John (to where my request started) and his sister Sarah Ann (relationship nephew and niece but it just has to be grandson/daughter)

Soooo, extremely pleased I can't tell you.

There is still much to do but as I said I have a good feeling about the line I'm following, I wouldn't have looked at the next page on the census if you or Gadget hadn't have mentioned it in a previous mail THANKS.

It also named the places of worship within the Llancadwaldr parish and I got a photo of the Parish church at Llancadwaldr (I'll share it) .

Also, why I have a good feeling is because the following (It may help someone else)

My Uncle (Mum's Brother) is called David Gwyn Davies, his father was William Eric Davies, his father was David William Davies his father was John Davies, his father was Evan Davies and his father was David Davies.

Ok, the John and the Evan don't appear but David William was the first son of John Davies and Mary Anne Dykins (her father was William died as a Flintshire Volunteer) it appears John grew up with his Grandfather David (maybe there was a rift with his Father's 2nd marriage I need to look into that) but it all seems so plausable. John may have looked upon hos Grandfather David as his Father I don't know but that's my gut feeling.

Anyway, just wanted to share that in case there are any other confused amature genealogical Davies's out there  ;)

I hope this thread stays open for a while as you and Gadget have helped unbelievably so

Many thanks as always to yourself and Gadget Joanne  ;D

Offline despair

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: Wednesday 07 June 17 21:07 BST (UK) »
....and Samuel is there too.

I took a while finding the 1861 census on FindMyPast.It is (mis)transcribed as Ean Davis of Percy Court,Hendon.....Oswestry.
Glad you are feeling confident.i will have a look again at the possible marriage(s) for Evan to see if that helps any further.

Regards
Roger