Author Topic: Barrow's of Blackpool  (Read 1816 times)

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copywrite on all census material,
    • View Profile
Re: Barrow's of Blackpool
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 10 June 17 10:36 BST (UK) »
I was looking at the census for Jane Ann Barrow,Henry and his wife visiting Jane Butler in Fleetwood,in 1901
Jane Hodkinson  appears to have married Charles Sumner in 1867 and had three children,John, Richard,James in Freckleton, and then Mary Barrow Sumner in 1871 Fleetwood,Charles is buried on the 5th December 1871 Fleetwood,Jane Sumner remarries to Richard Stanley Butler in 1877,and they have Robert 1878 Walmsley St,Ellen in 1880,George in 1882,Ann in 1883,Stanley in 1886,Jane in 1889,but I can no see a strong connection to the Barrows other than perhaps Jane Hodkinson was the sister of Margaret Hodkinson that married a Henry Barrow in Preston in 1867
Henry Barrow is possibly the son of James and Nanny Barrow of GreatMarton so sister to Jane and Uncle of Jane Ann Barrow in the census
sorry this is a bit garbled
Gunning County Down,Kneale Isle of Man,Riddle Tynemouth,Bibby Kendal/Bradford,Colenso Penzance/Barrow-in-Furness,Steele Corney Fell,Chapman Ely,Dawes Alfreton,Blamire Westmoreland and Ulverston
Dislike the use of P Messaging system, unless its of a sensitive nature, Rootschat is  an open forum,

Offline lancsann

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 10 June 17 11:19 BST (UK) »
Alice's birth reg from lancashirebmd.org.uk

Lancashire Birth indexes for the years: 1847
Surname   Forename(s)   Mother's Maiden Name   Sub-District   Registers At   
BARROW   Alice   STRICKLAND   Poulton-le-Fylde   Blackpool

the above site  lan-opc.org.uk are very useful for the Blackpool area. A fair amount of St Pauls & ST Chads has been transcribed (St Pauls was the daughter church of St Chads so records may sometimes appear in both)

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copywrite on all census material,
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 10 June 17 11:43 BST (UK) »
James Barrow and Nanny Whiteside married St Chads Poulton,27th Feb 1827
James is a shoemaker

Robert,baptised 21st Feb 1829, married Jane Barrow daughter of John Barrow in 1862
Thomas,baptised 27th August 1830,possibly died 29th August
Jane,baptised 12th August 1832, possible burial aged 1 11th May 1834
Thos,baptised 7th December 1834,married Grace Bamber 1857
Jane baptised 16th September 1838,married George Barrow son of John,4th Feb 1863
Ellen baptised,12th December 1841,married William Fisher 16th September 1865
Henry baptised,25th Feb 1844,married Margaret Hodkinson in 1867
Margaret baptised,18th March 1849,married Edward Wade 1876,
Gunning County Down,Kneale Isle of Man,Riddle Tynemouth,Bibby Kendal/Bradford,Colenso Penzance/Barrow-in-Furness,Steele Corney Fell,Chapman Ely,Dawes Alfreton,Blamire Westmoreland and Ulverston
Dislike the use of P Messaging system, unless its of a sensitive nature, Rootschat is  an open forum,

Offline Ellenmai

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 10 June 17 16:31 BST (UK) »
Thank you all very much for the wonderful response  ;D especially Radcliff Wow! loads to work on there :o
Also thanks for the link to that site lancsann, I'm hoping it will help me find my Grandpa Smith's family in Fleetwood who I have been searching for for years, but up to now have proved elusive.

Ellen