Author Topic: Getting a nice designed family tree...  (Read 2814 times)

Offline Ellenmai

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Getting a nice designed family tree...
« Reply #9 on: Friday 23 June 17 13:23 BST (UK) »
Cas could I be cheeky and ask you to let us how much it's going to cost ? I have a family member with a big birthday coming up next year and thought it would make a lovely present, but it all depends on the cost of course.

Offline Casper72

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 07 July 17 12:14 BST (UK) »
Sorry I've taken a while to get back to everyone who was interested.

Well the gentleman at FamilyTreeDesigner has really out done himself. I was hoping for something a little more arty than what most Family Tree making software & myself was capable of.

After a phone call to them I explained what I was hoping for and I sent him over all of the information I have that was left to me. Along with the tree layout my parents had also stored some images of past family. I simply sent everything to them and within 4-5 days they sent me what I can only describe as a beautiful design and much more than I had expected.

Now many will be asking about the cost and as this was going to be a one off piece we decided to add a little more to our budget as it's quite a large tree and required a lot of re arranging. We paid around £300 which does sound expensive but we have something that my parents must have spent quite a lot of time compiling and we just wanted something special.

As soon as I work out how to upload a picture you can all see how it came out.

Offline ThrelfallYorky

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 07 July 17 15:41 BST (UK) »
It'd be nice to see it, you have obviously thought a great deal about the project.
Threlfall (Southport), Isherwood (lancs & Canada), Newbould + Topliss(Derby), Keating & Cummins (Ireland + lancs), Fisher, Strong& Casson (all Cumberland) & Downie & Bowie, Linlithgow area Scotland . Also interested in Leigh& Burrows,(Lancashire) Griffiths (Shropshire & lancs), Leaver (Lancs/Yorks) & Anderson(Cumberland and very elusive)

Offline Casper72

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 10 July 17 04:08 BST (UK) »
Well here it is, this is the final proof that we were sent and the paper isn't quite as dark as shown on this proof. We are really really happy with the final piece and can't recommend them highly enough.

Here's there web site if anyone else is interested. www.familytreedesigner.com