Author Topic: Reeds or Reads in Jevington  (Read 1234 times)

Offline MattD30

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Reeds or Reads in Jevington
« on: Thursday 29 June 17 16:12 BST (UK) »
Hi I'm hoping someone can help me here.

I'm looking to confirm the names and dates of christening of any children born to Nicholas Reed in Jevington between about 1670 and 1690. Also the names and dates of any children of John and Emma Reed between 1660 and 1685.

If anyone can identify a marriage for John and Emma, or one for Nicholas, it would also be appreciated.

Many thanks
Matt

Offline sillgen

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Reeds or Reads in Jevington
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 01 July 17 08:58 BST (UK) »
Nicholas Reed married 18 April 1667 to Ann Manyard in Jevington.  I can't see a John to Emma marriage.   I know that I and others have suggested previously that you join the SFHG.  You would be able to find so much extra information in their records.
There are baptisms for Richard, Frances, William and Jane between 1668/69 and 1676/77 to Nicholas and Ann.

Offline MattD30

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Reeds or Reads in Jevington
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 01 July 17 23:25 BST (UK) »
Nicholas Reed married 18 April 1667 to Ann Manyard in Jevington.  I can't see a John to Emma marriage.   I know that I and others have suggested previously that you join the SFHG.  You would be able to find so much extra information in their records.
There are baptisms for Richard, Frances, William and Jane between 1668/69 and 1676/77 to Nicholas and Ann.

Many thanks for that. I have found this information and I think I've sorted the Reeds out now. My next task is to find christenings for Nicholas and Ann to see where they're from.

Matt