Author Topic: Karl Frederick Schmeider Missing birth certificate from birth on Fanny Kirchner  (Read 1702 times)

Offline Leisa

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
I'm back into it again, although I never really stopped and am trying to find a birth record for dad's grandfather.  His name was Karl or Carl Frederick Schmeider (variations Schmieder) son of Fredolin and Elizabetha, who arrived on the Fanny Kirchner ship from Germany in 1858.  After research, I have found that there aren't any full ship records.  From trove, I found an article that shows when the Fanny Kirchner arrived in Port Jackson.  Apparently, Carl was born on the ship and this is evident in the article saying 1 birth was on board.  Stories passed down are that my great granddad never had a birth certificate.  I have searched the NSW BDM using a soundex and wildcard check and haven't been successful.  Is there anywhere else I could look?  I would love to know where the family stayed when they arrived in NSW and how they ended up in Qld?  I have seen on the state archives NSW the shipping master sometimes kept records of the passengers on incoming ships, however I am unable to access them from where I live.  My dad is now 84 and in ill health and he just loves it when I find out new history for him on his family.  Thank you again everyone.  I really appreciate everyone's involvement in helping me out.  Leisa xx

Offline Leisa

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Further to this information, the Schmeider family moved to Fassifern, Ipswich area.  I was wondering how long they might of stayed in Port Jackson Sydney for before moving (how and when) to the Ipswich area.

Thank you for reading.  I would appreciate any help.  Everyone has been wonderful on here before and discovered information for me that I could not find through Trove, Ancestry, Find my Past and the State Archives websites.  Leisa  :)

Offline Aussie1947

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Hi Leisa,

If you can attach the other Schmeider research post which is full of a lot of good information so readers can get a fully picture of the Schmeider family.

Gerry

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scottish GGGrandmother-Grace MORRISON née JARDINE
    • View Profile
Are you sure it was 1885?

There is a FRIDOLINE SCHMEIDER and Elizabeth of the Peak Mountain Hotel, district of Ipswich, in 1865

http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article123148242

1st column, about 1/2 way down: http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article1265165

Deaths: 1875 C739 Fredolin Schmeider Andrew Schmeider Catherina - ** born German aged 50 years

1900   C3361 Elizabeth   Schmeider   

Jamjar
Atkinson; Badier; Cameron; Grant; Howie; Jardine; Jenkins; Kerr; Lawardorn; Lee; Linton; Lonie; McConnell; Morgan; Morrison; Murphy; O'Leary; Paton; Pratt; Robb; Williams

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
How do you know they arrived on the Fanny Kirchner?

I couldn't see them on NSW State records, but someone else may find them.

Meanwhile: http://marinersandships.com.au/1858/03/004fan.htm

Jamjar

Atkinson; Badier; Cameron; Grant; Howie; Jardine; Jenkins; Kerr; Lawardorn; Lee; Linton; Lonie; McConnell; Morgan; Morrison; Murphy; O'Leary; Paton; Pratt; Robb; Williams

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
Earlier thread re Fredolin SCHMEIDER http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=637009.0

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
A birth from NSWBDM: 3406/1859 Wilhelm SCHMIEDER parents FREIDOLIN and ELISEBETHA IPSWICH

J.

Offline Leisa

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Hello Gerry,
I was so excited to hear from you again.  I was at mum and dad's and said it's my old friend that helped us find the location of Fredoline's property.  I was wondering, how to post the thread on Fridoline to this page.  I see someone else has helped me, thank you Jamjar.  Does that mean that it has already been posted for interested helpers.  Yes Jamjar, I have the dates incorrect, they travelled from Germany in Oct 1857 on the Fanny Kirchner which arrived in Port Jackson Feb 1858.  I can't believe I typed my dates wrong.  My ggrandfather Karl's brother Wilhelm passed away the following year.  I hope this helps you all.  Again, thank you so much for helping me again and taking the time to help me find answers for my dad.  Leisa  :)

Offline Leisa

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Thank you mjm for reposting the original thread.   Sorry I got you mixed up with jamjar who is also helping me.
Leisa