Author Topic: Enriquez family Malta to Alexandria Egypt  (Read 3371 times)

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Enriquez family Malta to Alexandria Egypt
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 05 July 17 06:49 BST (UK) »
Then there is another gap of 1-2 generations before other Enriquez passport applications to Alexandria Egypt

what years - do the generations of Enrique  disappear ?? 
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

Offline Enriquezr

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 08 July 17 03:41 BST (UK) »
Then there is another gap of 1-2 generations before other Enriquez passport applications to Alexandria Egypt

what years - do the generations of Enrique  disappear ??
From Geneannum, there is a Giulio Enriquez marrying in 1773, there is at least 5 kids from this marriage (3girls/2boys) marrying between 1803-1822. Then there is a gap here. This is what I call the "first" gap. Then there are two brothers Enriquez, I don't know how they are linked to the above, one marrying in 1856, don't know about offspring; the other brother had at least 4 kids (1girls/3boys) the boys born 1843, 1845, the third married 1863. There are passport applications to Egypt for the 1st generation brothers, their wives, and at least 2 of the 2nd generation brothers. One of these, b1845, applied for passport 1870. I will call all these the "Egypt branch".  Can't find any other family links on any of these branches of the tree. This is what I'm calling the second gap.

After the first gap above, an Enriquez born 1814, has possibly 4 children (2boys/2girls - one girl married a Leone in 1871 from which subsequent people appear carrying the name Enriquez Leone), I will call this the "Tunisia branch" as there are passport applications for members of the family (1st and 2nd gen) to Tunisia. I don't know how this Enriquez is linked to the Enriquez  married 1773 and his children.

Then there other Enriquez who appear with death notifications in Egypt 1890-1900, I only know their first names but no linkage to the Enriquez before the 1st gap or the second.

I am thinking that it's possible my great-great grandfather might come from the line of the two brothers of the Egypt branch but obviously these other "free floating" Enriquez that I haven't linked to a generation before them, or after them but have an event record in Egypt between 1870-1900 (from British records), could have some significance, or there is other Enriquez from 1840-1870 that I haven't seen a record of (eg. the one above marrying 1856 - children?). My grandfather was born 1906 in Egypt, and my understanding is that his mother had previously been married, so I am assuming his father Giulio was probably in his thirties at least to have married someone who had previously been married. If so that would mean he might have been born close to 1870, which would make the one born 1845 above, a possible candidate. The thing I am not 100% certain is wether my great-grandfather was born in Egypt or Malta, my father has said he is "pretty sure" it is Malta, and documentation I have seen of my grandfather (while born in Egypt) lists my grandfather's (and my father) nationality as Maltese.

I left out all the first names for brevity, but I have these of what I have described here)

I've done quite a bit of work, but now I've hit a bit of a wall.

Offline AllieElsokary

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 11 July 17 05:41 BST (UK) »
I live in Egypt and know that births are registered in a different way to the European way.

The BC can be bought from the police stations.

The way they register the names is like this.

Christian name followed by fathers christian name followed by G Grandfathers christian name and so forth usually back 5 generations. Surnames as such dont exist in Egypt.

Females have their christian name and that is followed in the same manner...fathers christian name, grandfathers christian name and so on.

EVEN if it might be registered the EU way at the embassy, the official birth would be registered Egyptian style on the Egyptian birth cert.

Offline AllieElsokary

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 11 July 17 05:49 BST (UK) »
Try
https://m.facebook.com/pages/St-Catherines-Cathedral-Alexandria/564749877009816

Ask one of the Egyptian catholic ladies here if they will help you find out if you can get the registers info

Merna might be able to go search for you

https://m.facebook.com/mernaizaak?fref=nf&pn_ref=story

Offline Enriquezr

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 11 July 17 13:02 BST (UK) »
Try
https://m.facebook.com/pages/St-Catherines-Cathedral-Alexandria/564749877009816

Ask one of the Egyptian catholic ladies here if they will help you find out if you can get the registers info

Merna might be able to go search for you

https://m.facebook.com/mernaizaak?fref=nf&pn_ref=story
Thank you that is appreciated, I have thought about writing to St.Catherine's, my grandparents were married there, I have a copy of the certificate. I don't know they'd have the birth certificate of my grandfather but I will give it a go.

Offline EnriquezW

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 26 March 19 11:02 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
There is a Will of a Walter Enriquez died in Egypt in 1962.
is this any help?
Also a ship record for an Albert and Ursula Enriquez.
And a medal record.
Do you know of a Hugo?
Do you know if any one was a Barber?
Maggsie

Hi Maggsie.
I just came accross this old post. You refer to a Will of a Walter Enriquez died in Egypt in 1962. This is my grandfather and I am doing some family research/history for the benefit of my grandchildren. Can you assist me as to how I could access this Will record? Coincidently I was named after my grandfather and my name is also Walter Enriquez