Author Topic: John SUTCLIFFE Bradford 1800'S  (Read 676 times)

Offline sutty6979

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
John SUTCLIFFE Bradford 1800'S
« on: Monday 10 July 17 11:42 BST (UK) »
Hi I have a JOHN SUTCLIFFE born circ 1775 in the Bradford area.There are several John's at that time and I am trying to  narrow then down.He married MARY CROWTHER  1803 in Bradford,both of the parish,and was a baliff in Birstall where they moved to .Mary died in 1819 in Birstall.I cannot say when he was born or when he died although there is a John Sutcliffe bailiff  in a newspaper  article  in 1834 in Leeds.Does this ring any bells with anyone or any suggestions to narrow the search?

Offline ciderdrinker

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: John SUTCLIFFE BRADFORD 1800'S
« Reply #1 on: Monday 10 July 17 12:26 BST (UK) »
Hi
Looking at Bishops Transcripts of the marriage it states that John Sutcliff is a weaver ,witnesses John Graves and John Barton and married on the same day at the same church is
Jonas Sutcliff weaver and Sarah Robinson spinster wit David Waterhouse and Luke Sar?cock

I'd be surprised if they weren't related in some way.

Looking at the burials for Birstall and John Sutcliff- there's this
John Sutcliff cotton weaver 2 April 1836 Birstall age 60

Could that be him back in his old profession?

There is a John Sutcliff son of William baptised at Eland St Mary 26.7.1776   with a brother Jonas baptised 24.4.1774 .

I'd be taking a closer look at them.

Ciderdrinker

Offline sutty6979

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: John SUTCLIFFE BRADFORD 1800'S
« Reply #2 on: Monday 10 July 17 12:40 BST (UK) »
Hi thank you for  that.John is a cotton weaver for some children's  births and I did wonder  about the second Sutcliffe  marriage,  on the same day.I will look at the two births with William  as  the father.