Author Topic: Robert Tye Hutchinson Beasley  (Read 3912 times)

Offline Tickettyboo

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Robert Tye Hutchinson Beasley
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 12 July 17 08:44 BST (UK) »
Morning Michael

Sorry I should have said, its been mis-indexed. Its Page 8, col1, 5th paragraph from the bottom.

Its only a couple of lines but as it gave the house number I thought it was useful.

Boo

Offline Shiny1

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 12 July 17 16:10 BST (UK) »
Thanks a lot Boo, I have it now.

Teddy the Airedale dog is mentioned a number of times over a 6 year period between 1947 and 1953. Apart from the 1948 story where Robert is described as his owner, he is owned by Mr Beill who works at a place called the Salmon Hotel. Mr Beill is also mentioned in the 1948 story. This could be the hotel / pub that Robert drank in.

Maybe Teddy could carry Salmon as well as ice cream?

Michael
Dale (Newcastle Upon Tyne), Beck, English, Hall, Harrison, Stephenson (all from the North Shields, South Shields area), Woodger (from the Newcastle and Liss areas)

Offline Tickettyboo

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 12 July 17 21:03 BST (UK) »
Mrs PickyBoo here :-)

That 1948 story actually says Teddy wasn't Robert Beasley's dog

"The owner of the dog, Mr Robert Beasley, has now received a letter from a writer in San Diego, California, saying he saw the story and would like any news of other unusual dogs in England.
The writer, Mr Glad Thompson, enclosed a dollar bill to pay for a photo of Mr Beasley's dog.

Following this letter, Mr Herbert Beill, junior, Salmon Hotel, Berwick, is to write to Mr Thompson telling him of another unusual dog, Teddy, who hates Russians and understands two languages."

So Teddy was another dog, not the one owned by Robert Beasley?

But I have no doubt that both dogs were clever :-)

Boo

Offline Shiny1

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Sunday 23 July 17 18:56 BST (UK) »
Hi All,

Just to add to the confusion / story, I've just found the attached photo in an album and it was labelled "Tye Beasley".

I haven't come across any other relatives who would be the correct age so I'm thinking this is Robert. The only problem is I haven't come across any other reference to him having been in the military and can't find anything to pin a record down to him.

There are a few medal cards to Robert Beasley but which (if any) are his is anyone's guess.

Can anyone throw some light on this one?

Michael
Dale (Newcastle Upon Tyne), Beck, English, Hall, Harrison, Stephenson (all from the North Shields, South Shields area), Woodger (from the Newcastle and Liss areas)

Offline Tickettyboo

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Monday 31 July 17 20:01 BST (UK) »
I really hate to see an unanswered query but assume that, like me, no-one can pin anything down.
The absence of a service record is not conclusive.So many (from memory over 60%, but I may be wrong) of the WW1 service records were destroyed when, in WW2, an incendiary bomb dropped on the building they were housed in - which is why they are often referred to as 'the burnt records'. Those that were not burned were damaged by the water that was used to put the fire out.
Given that, its amazing that we can find some records that survived when we are trying to find something for our ancestors.
On balance, I'd say that if the family kept the photo all these years and its labelled  as being Tye Beasley, then its likely to be him.

Boo

Offline Shiny1

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday 01 August 17 13:53 BST (UK) »
Thanks a lot Boo. I think that may be NF on his shoulder so I'm guessing the record I have found for a Northumberland Fusilier is probably him.

Thanks for the help,

Michael

Offline PeonyPetal

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Saturday 27 March 21 21:20 GMT (UK) »
Hello Shiny1,

I may have additional information regarding your query, on the Grace Miller side. I'd prefer to discuss privately, if possible. I'm new on the forum and can't send a PM 'till I make three posts. Are you able to PM me?

Best regards.

Hi All,

My mother-in-law was doing the family history before she died a few years ago and she has him down as marrying Grace Miller but I'm not sure of a date. She has them as having 2 children one of which appears to be in Canada.

I can't find anything for him after the 1911 census where he is a 13 year old boy.

My father-in-law seems to remember that Grace was thought to have a bit free and easy with her favours (if you know what I mean) and that she was though to have died of syphilis.

Can anyone help trace any of them after 1911?

Offline Tickettyboo

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Sunday 28 March 21 20:47 BST (UK) »
Hi Peony Petal Welcome to Rootschat :-)

Michael won't be able to contact you by PM until you have made the required number of posts

Just reply to this thread a couple of times ( a hello will do !). I have sent him a PM in case he doesn't get the notification of a new reply so he should be around soon

Boo

Offline Shiny1

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Sunday 28 March 21 21:27 BST (UK) »
Hi PeonyPetal,

Welcome to the forum, I'd love to swap information with you but as Boo mentioned I can't PM you yet (and thanks a lot for the heads up Boo).

Again as Boo said just put a couple of comments on the thread and it should open the messaging up.

Hope to hear from you soon,

Michael