Author Topic: Charles Edward Davidson Tasker - where did he go?  (Read 1733 times)

Offline mirl

• RootsChat Veteran
  • I come from a land downunder, or do I?
    • View Profile
Re: Charles Edward Davidson Tasker - where did he go?
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 09 August 17 02:57 BST (UK) »
I have now discovered the following:

The father was in Bethlem Asylum for 1860-61, he had become an alcoholic and became violent towards his family, explaining the separation.

Francis becomes Frank and went into the army 1878-1899 serving in Ireland and India twice.

Algernon went into the army and served 1872-1891 in India and Burma.

I thought Charles had followed suit but have not yet been able to locate him.  If not in the services, did he emigrate?  America, Canada, Australia?
Richardson, Sherman, Gillam, Hitchcock, Neighbour, Groom, Walton, Strange, Littleford, Brown, Guy, Abbs, Tasker, Bartlett, Farey, Etteridge

Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline amondg

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 09 August 17 05:39 BST (UK) »
If the 1861 Charles Tasker is the correct one, he is listed as a visitor not a pupil at the school.
So it begs the question who is Rose Campbell, teacher of youth.

Offline mirl

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 09 August 17 07:27 BST (UK) »
That is a very good point.  It's a subtle distinction as the others are all pupils and scholars, I hadn't seen the change of word to visitor for him.

He also seems to be the odd one out as there are three Cheyne children and two Field children.

I don't have any Campbell's at all, nor a Rose Tasker nor a Rose Davidson (mother's maiden name).  I shall look into this now too.
Richardson, Sherman, Gillam, Hitchcock, Neighbour, Groom, Walton, Strange, Littleford, Brown, Guy, Abbs, Tasker, Bartlett, Farey, Etteridge

Offline mirl

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 09 August 17 08:01 BST (UK) »
I think there is a possible death of Charles Tasker registered March 1862 Marylebone 1a 344 age 9.

Need to check that out too.

Offline mirl

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 25 August 17 06:50 BST (UK) »
A couple of really log shots to eliminate here as I want to make sure the death I last mentioned is worth pursuing further.

There is a 16yo Charles Tasker indentured 22 April 1869 on the Parmenio out of Dundee who deserts ship in Boston 14 April 1870.

And there is a Charles Tasker married in Knox Ohio with the birth year of 1852 born in England.