Author Topic: Alexander Buchanan. Alexander Carhahan Blain Both Married to Mary Morland  (Read 591 times)

Offline Scott_M

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Alexander Buchanan
1889–1916
BIRTH 23 JUNE 1889 • Glasgow
DEATH 15 JULY 1916 • Glasgow = Laid to rest in Sighthill Cemetery / Springburn

Alexander Carnahan Blain
1880–1939
BIRTH 29 DEC 1880 • Kilmarnock, Ayrshire, Scotland
DEATH 1939 2 FEBRUARY • Victoria Infirmary usual residence 288 Cumberland Street Hutchesontown

Mary Morland
1891–1958
BIRTH 03 MAY 1891 • Hutchesontown, Lanark, Scotland
DEATH ABT 1958 • Cathcart, Glasgow

Mary married Alexander Buchanan and they had 2 kids as follows
Peter Buchanan BIRTH 7 AUG 1912 • 12 Roseberry Street, Glasgow
DEATH Unknown
Elizabeth Buchanan BIRTH 15 JULY 1915 • 41 Elmfoot Street, Glasgow
DEATH 1990 • Glasgow
Elizabeth married David Blane Harper BIRTH 6 MAY 1910 • Caledonian Road, Glasgow
DEATH Unknown

I would be interested in any other information on these people.. A loose end in my Morland family tree .. If anyone can offer further info or leads I would be extremely grateful

Thanks
Scott Morland
Auckland
NZ

Offline AMBLY

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Alexander Buchanan. Alexander Carhahan Blain Both Married to Mary Morland
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 20 August 17 03:51 BST (UK) »
Hi Scott

You have the birth and death dates: 
*  Alexander BUCHANAN (1889-1916)
*  Alexander Carnahan BLAIN (1880-1939)
*  Mary MORLAND (1891-1958)

You have the marriage (date unstated) of:
*  Mary to Alexander BUCHANAN

You have the names and dates of Mary's BUCHANAN issue:
**  Peter b 1912
**  Elizabeth b 1915, and know she married (date unstated) David Blane HARPER (b 1910, d unknown) and she died 1990.

If you have the birth and death dates for Mary and the two Alexanders, presumably you have parents names already....

Could you specify what you are looking for -  Births? Deaths? Parents? Census? Marriages?

Is there some mystery over husband Number 2? Is the fact Elizabeth's husband's middle name was 'Blane' some reference to Alexander Carnahan BLAINE?

Cheers
AMBLY
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

"Now that we're all here, I'm not sure if we're all there...."

Entre los individuos, como entre las naciones, el respeto al derecho ajeno es la paz
 Among individuals, as among nations, respect for the rights of others is peace
    ~Benito Juarez (1806-1872)

Offline Scott_M

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Alexander Buchanan. Alexander Carhahan Blain Both Married to Mary Morland
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 20 August 17 04:11 BST (UK) »
Hi Ambly.. Thank you..  Honestly... Ultimately I am hoping to get a lead towards a living people descendant to Mary Morland  .. Mary Morland was one of 10 siblings born to a David Morland and Elizabeth Kinnon .. I have managed with great success to connect with descendants of 6 out the 10 of those siblings .. I have been lucky to build up a vast amount of information on my Morlands and have also been lucky that the contacts that have been made have shared freely as I too have shared much... as we try and understand the Morland branch.. I have much to share with any descendant that may be found and always keep my fingers crossed that further leads can in fact be found.. I am hopeful for Photos that paint a picture of my family in Mary Morlands time frame as very few seem to have passed through the family from this period ...  I understand that living people names cannot be shared publicly  .. Thanks Ambly

You have the marriage (date unstated) of:
*  Mary to Alexander BUCHANAN = Married 26 July 1912

Is there some mystery over husband Number 2? Is the fact Elizabeth's husband's middle name was 'Blane' some reference to Alexander Carnahan BLAINE? - There is no mystery or connection that I am aware of ..