Author Topic: David Turner Parish Record  (Read 1640 times)

Online Willow 4873

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • 22nd July 2013
    • View Profile
Re: David Turner Parish Record
« Reply #9 on: Monday 21 August 17 11:29 BST (UK) »
Duuuhh! chasing the wrong David here the David you are looking for gives his place of birth as Wednesbury which is in the Walsall area the Lane End baptism is in Stoke on Trent - miles apart!

I think you need to invest in the marriage certificate

Willow x
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and is for academic and non-commercial research purposes only<br /><br />Researching: Hilton (Wolverhampton & Tamworth) , Simkiss & Mears (Wolverhampton & ?) Bowkett & Nash (Ledbury & Wolverhampton) Knight & Beard (Gloucestershire), Colley (Tibberton) Hoggins (Willenhall) Jones (Bilston), Harris & Bourne (Droitwich) Matthews (Wolverhampton & High Offley) Partridge (Monmouthshire)<br /><br /

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 21 August 17 11:47 BST (UK) »
So, if the 1861 census is correct - the David born to Lydia is wrong, is that what you are saying, Willow? Either that, or the 1861 David isn't the correct person. Could it be though if David was raised by family members he didn't know where he was born, so put where he was brought up?

Perhaps we need to know how David is connected to Dominic, so we can work out which is correct. If he is connected through the son, William, then, as you say, the marriage certificate is a must.

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 21 August 17 11:54 BST (UK) »
There is a David Turner in the 1841 in Wednesbury, age given as 15 (but probably rounded down) He is a labourer, but it's difficult to work out exactly who he is living with as no relationships are given in that census.

HO107; Piece: 984; Book: 1; Folio: 4; Page: 3;

Online Willow 4873

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • 22nd July 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 21 August 17 11:55 BST (UK) »
Yes the David born to Lydia is not the one who married Ann. I suspect my theory is correct about Lydia marrying Benjamin Lockett and then dying and there is also a burial of a David Lockett 10.4.1835 at St Johns aged 4 years and 6 months of Lane End who I suspect is Lydia's illegitimate son buried under his stepfathers name (might be his real father for all we know)

I cant find David baptised under the name of Turner in the Wednesbury records that are online

Willow x
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and is for academic and non-commercial research purposes only<br /><br />Researching: Hilton (Wolverhampton & Tamworth) , Simkiss & Mears (Wolverhampton & ?) Bowkett & Nash (Ledbury & Wolverhampton) Knight & Beard (Gloucestershire), Colley (Tibberton) Hoggins (Willenhall) Jones (Bilston), Harris & Bourne (Droitwich) Matthews (Wolverhampton & High Offley) Partridge (Monmouthshire)<br /><br /

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 21 August 17 12:03 BST (UK) »
Oh dear, so it looks as if poor little David Turner (mother Lydia) died as a young child, which would explain why we can't find him in 1841!

I think we can safely say that Dominic has the wrong baptism and can eliminate that Lane End one. Good work, Willow.

Online Willow 4873

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • 22nd July 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 21 August 17 12:09 BST (UK) »
lets hope he didn't put a false fathers name on the marriage certificate  ;D

Willow x

Offline dominicturner67

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 21 August 17 19:04 BST (UK) »
Wow thanks for all your efforts guys I wasn't expecting all that! All hugely helpful so thanks very much. Looks like I may have to try again on the baptism (if he was baptised at all). So at the moment I have very little before the marriage records to Ann! Trying to find out David's parents in the hope of progressing the tree backwards. I'm quite new to it all so this is all very interesting and helpful  :)

Online Willow 4873

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • 22nd July 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 22 August 17 11:17 BST (UK) »
When you get the marriage certificate let us know what its says it will be interesting to see what fathers name he has put on the certificate

Willow x