Author Topic: Looking for help with Robert and Isabella Stewart ms Gordon.  (Read 791 times)

Offline Rayjamgor

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Looking for help with Robert and Isabella Stewart ms Gordon.
« on: Tuesday 22 August 17 12:24 BST (UK) »
Looking to finish of my Grandfathers brother and sisters . Only one i cant find is Isabella Gordon  1890 who married Robert Stewart in 21/04/1924 . He was a widower aged 45 and she was a spinster aged 33 and both lived in James Nesbitt St Glasgow. He had 3 kids Isabella,Jean and John who was apparently disabled.i remember my mum saying she visited  my dads aunt Bella in Portobello with Uncle Dan .I do know my grandads own Gran moved to Portobello as did his sister after his own mother passed in 1905. Might be adding 2+2 and getting 5.  Raymie.
Gordon, Taylor , Little, Clark, McInnes/McGinnes ,Roch,Roche, Millar/Miller, Welsh,Walsh, Stewart, Kennedy, McDonald, Brown, McLachlan , Orr, McMillan, McDonagh, Middleton, Robertson, Livingstone, Duff, Hunter, McClean, Campbell, Brown ,Cummings ,Roy, Wade ,Smith , Kelly,Kennedy,McDonald.

Online dowdstree

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Mary Malcolm - 1860 to 1945 - My Great Granny
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for help with Robert and Isabella Stewart ms Gordon.
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 22 August 17 12:38 BST (UK) »
Hi Raymie,

There are a number of possible deaths on Scotlandspeople Index for Isabella Stewart.

Any idea when your mum visited Auntie Bella in Portobello, Edinburgh ? This could help narrow down the search date.

Dorrie
Small, County Antrim & Dundee
Dickson, County Down & Dundee
Madden, County Westmeath
Patrick, Fife
Easson, Fife
Leslie, Fife
Paterson, Fife

Offline Rayjamgor

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 22 August 17 12:45 BST (UK) »
Ive checked and paid for some on SP, for both of them but no luck . I would say late 40,s to late 50,s , hàve just saw in a few notes that there was an aunt Bella in Dundonald and Ardrossan .So confusing .
Gordon, Taylor , Little, Clark, McInnes/McGinnes ,Roch,Roche, Millar/Miller, Welsh,Walsh, Stewart, Kennedy, McDonald, Brown, McLachlan , Orr, McMillan, McDonagh, Middleton, Robertson, Livingstone, Duff, Hunter, McClean, Campbell, Brown ,Cummings ,Roy, Wade ,Smith , Kelly,Kennedy,McDonald.

Online dowdstree

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 22 August 17 13:13 BST (UK) »
Now you have the dilemma of which Aunt Bella.

Have had the same experience myself on SP - it does run away with your credits.

Did Bella or her husband Robert Stewart have a middle name do you know ?

Dorrie
Madden, County Westmeath
Patrick, Fife
Easson, Fife
Leslie, Fife
Paterson, Fife

Offline Rayjamgor

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 23 August 17 17:08 BST (UK) »
Hi Dowdstree. I remembered my mum saying ashe went on her honeyoon to Dundonald and that was in 1955.Checked and found Robert died 31st August 1948. Its possible she is still the same Bella but maybe moved through to Portobello. Thanks for help

Online dowdstree

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 23 August 17 22:21 BST (UK) »
Still a brick wall then.

There are a number of deaths in both Edinburgh and Glasgow which could possibly be your Isabella.
It would be expensive to look at them all on Scotlandspeople.

Dorrie
Madden, County Westmeath
Patrick, Fife
Easson, Fife
Leslie, Fife
Paterson, Fife

Offline Rayjamgor

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 24 August 17 14:10 BST (UK) »
Thanks Dorrie, yeah way too expensive . Thanks for the offer that is very kind of you. I will leave this one just now as unfinished buisness ,thanks Raymie.