Author Topic: Seeking the parents marriage and families of David Runchman and Beatrix Reid  (Read 993 times)

Online Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
Re: Seeking the parents marriage and families of David Runchman and Beatrix Reid
« Reply #9 on: Monday 28 August 17 17:14 BST (UK) »
Possible parents of Beatrix Reid could be John Reid and Margaret Hogg ??? :-\
Could be - their eldest daughter was named Margaret.

But don't make the mistake of assuming that ,because there is only one possible candidate in the records, it has to be the right one. There are lots of people whose baptism records, if they wver existed, have not survived.
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.

Offline Muffin41

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Seeking the parents marriage and families of David Runchman and Beatrix Reid
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 29 August 17 10:27 BST (UK) »
Thank you for your tips and advice, I will not take all that I find to be true. 8)

Muffin41

Pow in Bath Somerset, Essex, Middlesex, Lancashire, Surrey, Australia, New Zealand and USA
Bailey, Hare, in Bath & Taunton Somerset
Nash in Seend Wiltshire, Bath Somerset
Snook in Middlesex, Leicestershire, Surrey, Berkshire, Portugal and Canada
Billinghurst, Furlonger, Hoare, Huntingford, Tilbury, Webb in Surrey

Offline ScotLad

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 06 November 19 16:08 GMT (UK) »
I have looked up the 1841 census on Scotland's People. The Rutherfords are indeed an unconnected household in the same building (it's probably a tenement) at 5 Newport St. Ann Munro is first named in the household containing the Runciman girls and is described as a 'lodging house keeper'. The other folks are Jane Munro daughter & John Herriot is  25, tobacconist. Presumably the girls are at an age they're making their way in the world and lodging there. I am researching Runciman families if Muffin41 or anyone else is interested in getting in touch. Currently looking to see what the link is (if any) between the girls' father David & Richard Runchman b 1770, died 1831 in Glasgow. Someone was affluent enough to pay for a wordy inscription on R's headstone & David looks a possible candidate & therefore relative.