Author Topic: Rookwood Catholic Cemetery, Sydney Joseph M Harrison  (Read 3376 times)

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
Re: Rookwood Catholic Cemetery, Sydney Joseph M Harrison
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 31 August 17 09:08 BST (UK) »
Sands 1929 Suburban Street Directory
Breillat St Annandale
Roy KEIGHRAN, 3 Breillat St
F W WHITTON,  30 Breillat St
http://cdn.cityofsydney.nsw.gov.au/learn/history/archives/sands/1925-1929/1929-part2.pdf   

Sands 1930 Suburban Street Directory
Breillat St Annandale
D’ohhhhhhhh
Starts at no. 5 and worse still, skips no. 30 as well.
http://cdn.cityofsydney.nsw.gov.au/learn/history/archives/sands/1930-1933/1930-part2.pdf

Sands 1931, 1932/33  Suburban Street Directoris
Breillat St Annandale
………. Worse news !  Starts at No. 7 and No. 30 is for a Les BOSTOCK…
http://cdn.cityofsydney.nsw.gov.au/learn/history/archives/sands/1930-1933/1932-1933-part2.pdf

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline judb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 31 August 17 09:12 BST (UK) »
There are two others listed at 3 Briellat St Annandale in 1930. 

Charles Leslie FLATMAN, labourer
Emily FLATMAN, home duties

As electoral rolls do not show relationships perhaps this was a couple and Joseph was sharing with them.  ???

Not much help anyway!

Judith

DYER - Wilts, London, Somerset, MIDLANE - Hants, Wilts, SONE - Hants, WRIGHT - London, Hants, SEAGER - Deptford, DWYER, FERGUSON - Victoria, MASON - Woodford Vic, BALLARD - South Wales, GOULDBY - Lowestoft
"Time present and time past are both perhaps present in time future..." T S Eliot

UK Census information Crown Copyrightt, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline rosball

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • John Scott Henderson 1853 Scotland -1919 Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 31 August 17 10:45 BST (UK) »
Hi Jeannie,
   Which ship did he arrive on?  I was looking to see if there was an Alice Foster on ship or any more info about him.

The only Joseph HARRISON I could find on https://recordsearch.naa.gov.au/ 1920-25 was a Joseph HARRISON on the Ballarat which arrived on Dec 8 1923 but he was a farmer aged 23 with wife Nadia aged 21 and daughter D* aged 1.

Ros

adding : link to Ballarat passenger list https://recordsearch.naa.gov.au/SearchNRetrieve/Interface/ViewImage.aspx?B=12019608&S=2
Let's not tolerate bullying !
Herrington Kent  Henderson Scotland Kerr Scotland Reston Scotland  Smith Scotland  Kellow Cornwall  Doney Cornwall  Wadeson Lancashire  Whiteley Yorkshire Gregan Ireland

Offline sparrett

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 31 August 17 23:02 BST (UK) »
There are two others listed at 3 Briellat St Annandale in 1930. 

Charles Leslie FLATMAN, labourer
Emily FLATMAN, home duties

As electoral rolls do not show relationships perhaps this was a couple and Joseph was sharing with them.  ???

Not much help anyway!

Judith

Mother and son possibly.

Marriage-

932/1905
FLATMAN Sidney E T L
FOSTER Emily
At COOMA

Birth
FLATMAN Charles L
33633/1906
Parents Sidney E T L & Emily
At COOMA

WW2 index Charles Leslie FLATMAN
http://www.ww2roll.gov.au/Veteran.aspx?serviceId=A&veteranId=285962

Sue

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline JeannieR

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Me with eldest grandson Nick, now 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 31 August 17 23:21 BST (UK) »
Hello Everyone,

And thank you all for your swift response.

I have my family tree, built on A*******, and someone contacted me recently to say that they thought my grandfather,had married in to their family. I must admit ,I may be clutching at straws, but this is his story.....

Joseph Maurice Harrison, was born 19th of May 1890 in  York ,England. His parents were Harry and Ellen McAuliffe. He married my gran at Leeds in 1918, and my aunt was born later that year, and my father in 1920. Another child was born in 1928, but it was whispered that JMH was not the father......apparently, grandad had gone "walk about" sometime between dad's birth and 1930. Nobody heard from him again. He was a Iron Welder by trade.

A JM Harrison sailed from London on board the Ormonde , arriving Fremantle February 8th 1923.
He gave his address as 13 Stapleton Road,New Wortley Leeds. This is literally round the corner to where my father was born 2 years earlier. His trade was given as Carter,which is quite possible. He was so disappointed that gran give birth to a girl,he went out , drink was taken and he bought a horse , even taking it upstairs to where gran was recovering,and getting it stuck !! He apparently became a grocer after that, selling from a horse and cart.

I found a death 13092/1933 ,parents Harry and Ellen .I thought Granville was the suburb of Sydney he died in,and not his  mothers maiden name. The information re is membership of Oxford Lodge, I gleaned from the Trove.

He had a brother Harry Harrison, born 1893 who died 23rd august 1945 serving as a sergeant. He married in 1930, at Perth ,and a child was born there in 1931. I wondered if one brother went to join another ?

Regards
JeannieR
This information is Crown Copyright, from www.national archives.gov.uk

Offline JeannieR

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 31 August 17 23:23 BST (UK) »
Hello Everyone,

And thank you all for your swift response.

I have my family tree, built on A*******, and someone contacted me recently to say that they thought my grandfather,had married in to their family. I must admit ,I may be clutching at straws, but this is his story.....

Joseph Maurice Harrison, was born 19th of May 1890 in  York ,England. His parents were Harry and Ellen McAuliffe. He married my gran at Leeds in 1918, and my aunt was born later that year, and my father in 1920. Another child was born in 1928, but it was whispered that JMH was not the father......apparently, grandad had gone "walk about" sometime between dad's birth and 1930. Nobody heard from him again. He was a Iron Welder by trade.

A JM Harrison sailed from London on board the Ormonde , arriving Fremantle February 8th 1923.
He gave his address as 13 Stapleton Road,New Wortley Leeds. This is literally round the corner to where my father was born 2 years earlier. His trade was given as Carter,which is quite possible. He was so disappointed that gran give birth to a girl,he went out , drink was taken and he bought a horse , even taking it upstairs to where gran was recovering,and getting it stuck !! He apparently became a grocer after that, selling from a horse and cart.

I found a death 13092/1933 ,parents Harry and Ellen .I thought Granville was the suburb of Sydney he died in,and not his  mothers maiden name. The information re is membership of Oxford Lodge, I gleaned from the Trove.

He had a brother Harry Harrison, born 1893 who died 23rd august 1945 serving as a sergeant. He married in 1930, in Perth and a child was born in 1931. I wondered if one brother went to join another ?

Regards
JeannieR

Offline muss

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 31 August 17 23:48 BST (UK) »
Hi

Was there another brother  ? http://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/46165236?searchTerm=harry%20harrison&searchLimits=l-state=Western+Australia|||l-decade=194|||l-category=Family+Notices

memoriam notice for Harry Harrison  from brother  Arthur  ( maybe a brother-in-law)

Muss

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scottish GGGrandmother-Grace MORRISON née JARDINE
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Thursday 31 August 17 23:59 BST (UK) »
You do realise that because of the comma in your heading it reads as his name Sydney Joseph M Harrison.

So, based on the background you have provided - which would have been useful from the outset - your grandfather has been confirmed. Further details could be found on the death certificate.

Yes, Granville is a suburb of Sydney. It is where the death was registered, not necessarily area of death.

Jamjar
Atkinson; Badier; Cameron; Grant; Howie; Jardine; Jenkins; Kerr; Lawardorn; Lee; Linton; Lonie; McConnell; Morgan; Morrison; Murphy; O'Leary; Paton; Pratt; Robb; Williams

Offline JeannieR

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Friday 01 September 17 00:05 BST (UK) »
Hello Muss

Thank you so much. Yes,this is my great uncle Harry, and Arthur was his brother, who stayed in England .

JeannieR