Author Topic: Myheritage  (Read 1139 times)

Offline essexalan

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Myheritage
« on: Tuesday 19 September 17 13:26 BST (UK) »
Hi all,I gather a lot of you are on Myheritage.I have had a look and it says I can have a 14 day free trial.But I can't find what it will cost me after my free trial.Could someone tell me if there are any costs involved or is it free.
Tibbald ,Theobald,Sheppard,Gale,Mumford,Game.

Offline BillyF

• RootsChat Veteran
  • My lovely Mum about 1940
    • View Profile
Re: Myheritage
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 19 September 17 17:01 BST (UK) »
You can download a free version, then if you like it you can pay for the premium version which gives more features.

Offline Rena

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copyright: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 19 September 17 17:53 BST (UK) »
I use the free version of MyHeritage and do receive emails showing Matches, but have never paid any subscription.
Aberdeen: Findlay-Shirras,McCarthy: MidLothian: Mason,Telford,Darling,Cruikshanks,Bennett,Sime, Bell: Lanarks:Crum, Brown, MacKenzie,Cameron, Glen, Millar; Ross: Urray:Mackenzie:  Moray: Findlay; Marshall/Marischell: Perthshire: Brown Ferguson: Wales: McCarthy, Thomas: England: Almond, Askin, Dodson, Well(es). Harrison, Maw, McCarthy, Munford, Pye, Shearing, Smith, Smythe, Speight, Strike, Wallis/Wallace, Ward, Wells;Germany: Flamme,Ehlers, Bielstein, Germer, Mohlm, Reupke

Offline 3sillydogs

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Durban South Africa
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 20 September 17 12:21 BST (UK) »

I also use the free version and get the Smart Matches emails and you can download a programme to your computer which will sync with your online tree.

The free version does however have a limit to the number of people you can have in your tree and you aren't able to contact the owners of the trees of the smart matches, but you can see the matches
Paylet, Pallatt, Morris (Russia, UK) Burke, Hillery, Page, Rumsey, Stevens, Tyne/Thynne(UK)  Landman, van Rooyen, Tyne, Stevens, Rumsey, Visagie, Nell (South Africa)

Offline essexalan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 20 September 17 13:13 BST (UK) »
Many thanks all.I thought there might be a limit to what you can do on the free version.However although none of you have told me how much subscription charges are,I did manage to find out in the end.
I think I will stay with Ancesty.co.uk as am on the top subsciption.Am also on Family search.org and that is totally free to build your tree and do searches.

Offline 3sillydogs

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Durban South Africa
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 20 September 17 14:33 BST (UK) »

With Family Search, I have also been getting emails with possible matches, and no limit to the tree size... ;D
Paylet, Pallatt, Morris (Russia, UK) Burke, Hillery, Page, Rumsey, Stevens, Tyne/Thynne(UK)  Landman, van Rooyen, Tyne, Stevens, Rumsey, Visagie, Nell (South Africa)

Online weste

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 20 September 17 14:52 BST (UK) »
my heritage limit is 250 people and the charge itself, you find vat on when you go to pay if you have n't discovered that part, it gets matches from people, records if you subscribe, family search and geni.

Offline essexalan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 21 September 17 12:54 BST (UK) »
Yes that's why I like Family Search,as well as being free there is no limit on the amount in your tree.