Author Topic: Annie Fredericka Dyson Death Nevada 1963  (Read 1229 times)

Offline tenspar

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Annie Fredericka Dyson Death Nevada 1963
« on: Saturday 30 September 17 09:58 BST (UK) »
Good morning !
I am trying to find verification of the death of my father's Aunt. She left England in the 40's to go to America. She arrived in New York on the 24th September 1947 on Pan American Airline. I have found an entry stating that she died 1963ish in Nevada aged 49 but cannot verify this and know nothing of where she settled. Any help would be most gratefully received. Thank you, Mary

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
Re: Annie Fredericka Dyson Death Nevada 1963
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 30 September 17 10:22 BST (UK) »
Annie does not seem to appear on the SSDI with the birth date 28 January 1914 - the SSDI was fully up and running by 1963/64 - Checked the date with another surname - just in case she married but only got these alternatives and nothing about 1963.

Annie Hamilton 28 Jan 1914 Aug 1982   
90003 Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California.

Annie Mae Johnson 28 Jan 1914   7 Feb 2003   
78203 San Antonio, Bexar, Texas.

Annie Collier 28 Jan 1914   Jan 1981   
78648 Luling, Caldwell, Texas.

Annie L. Greene 28 Jan 1914   14 May 2003   
38614 Clarksdale, Coahoma, Mississippi.

Annie Samuel 28 Jan 1914   Aug 1978   
30331 Atlanta, Fulton, Georgia.

Annie I. Wall 28 Jan 1914   31 Mar 2008   
36024 Eclectic, Elmore, Alabama

Annie B. Alston 28 Jan 1914   28 Jan 1995   
48236 Grosse Pointe, Wayne, Michigan.

Annie Martin 28 Jan 1914   Apr 1995   
53949 Montello, Marquette, Wisconsin.

Also checked the Nevada death Index - 1911 - 1965 and came up with an entry for :-

Fredericka Peterson - 28 January 1914 England - passed away 28 March 1961 Reno, Washoe, Nevada.

Sandra

"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 30 September 17 10:26 BST (UK) »
Fredericka Peterson - 28 January 1914 England - passed away 28 March 1961 Reno, Washoe, Nevada.

Automobile accident - multiple injuries  :'(     ( Hgwy 395 So )

Informant Miles Peterson 1503 No Fall Street Carson City Nevada. No record of mother and father names.

Burial Lone Mountain - Carson City Nevada 29/3/1961

Certificate Number:   61- 654

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline tenspar

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 30 September 17 10:34 BST (UK) »
Morning Sandra

Mmm interesting. It is very possible that she remarried in America. I have checked the manifest (?) and it gives her address in America as Seattle (1947 address next to her entry on Pan American Airlines). I have also found that she had a sponsor, her fiance - I will have to check the name but it wasn't Peterson). Family legend always had it that she died in a car accident. I have to go out now but will pick up when I get back and see if I can supply more details. Thank you for you help so far. It is much appreciated. Mary

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 30 September 17 10:38 BST (UK) »
FIND A GRAVE

Fredricke (as transcribed) Peterson - 1914 - Exeter, City of Exeter, Devon, England  - Death Date:   24 Mar 1961

Burial - Lone Mountain Cemetery  Carson City Carson City Nevada.
Plot: 1B-20-12

https://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=29562814&ref=acom

Sandra

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 30 September 17 10:46 BST (UK) »
On a detroit border crossing arriving Sault Ste Marie, Michigan 30 September 1947  for Annie Fredericke Dyson - it names her father as George - 13 Queens Terrace Exeter - Devon England.

Same address on the probate for grandmother Annie Dunning who passed away 21 November 1950.

Sandra

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 30 September 17 11:00 BST (UK) »
March 29, 1961 - Reno Gazette from Reno, Nevada ˇ Page 13
Scroll down to the OCR text for a mention of Fredericka Petersen

Three persons died Tuesday night as the result of an explosive head-on collision on U.S. 395 about 14 miles south of Reno. They were fatally injured as a Nevada Highway Patrol officer watched from his automobile only a short distance away. Dead were Frederica Peterson, 47, Carson City. Richard T. Stanfield, 25, Zephyr Cove, Lake Tahoe. Leonard A. St. Angelo, 25, Stateline, Lake Tahoe. Witnessing the tragedy was State Patrolman John Ciardella of Reno who was proceeding south on the highway at the time of the crash., SAW HEADLIGHTS Ciardella said 'he saw the low- slung headlights of a sports roadster approaching about 9 p.m. as he cruised down US. 395 ................

https://www.newspapers.com/newspage/37017457/

Sandra

Offline shellyesq

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 30 September 17 13:06 BST (UK) »
I found Fredericka's obituary in the Nevada State Journal from 30 Mar. 1961.  It says she was a native of England, age 47, and had lived in Carson City for the last three years.  It says her husband was the lessee of the Carson Hot Springs.  She was survived by her husband, as well as relatives in England.  Walton Funeral Home was in charge of arrangements, and burial would be at Lone Mountain Cemetery in Carson City. 

I am not sure if her husband is still living, but his name was that of the informant mentioned above.  I found an entry in the Carson City marriage index for a man with his name, who married Fredricke Carrier on 23 Jan 1961.

Offline tenspar

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Saturday 30 September 17 16:48 BST (UK) »
Good afternoon everyone
!
This is all very intriguing and I don't quite know what to make of it. My Annie F Dyson's birth was recorded in March 1914. She was born in Hartlepool, Durham, England to George and Annie F. Her parents' death was recorded in Dec 1971 in Exeter, Devon, England so there is a match there. Her mother's maiden name was Dunning. Her mother was also Annie Fredericke. As previously posted she arrived in America in 1947 and was sponsored by her 'fiancé' James Darby. Her receiving address is listed as 2402, 2nd Avenue, Seattle and she was 33 years old. My father understood that she died in a car accident in America.
So is Fredericke Petersen my Annie Fredericke Dyson ? The link with Exeter is intriguing (I cannot find the birth of an Annie Dyson in Exeter). If it is the same lady she must have married at least twice whilst in America ?
It all seems to be connected but there are bits that are confusing lol. Thank you for the picture of the grave and the newspaper article (which I would love to read in full but am not sure whether if I register I will be tied in under the guise of 'free trial' so am a bit wary). Thank you so much for your interest. My father has been trying to find out information regarding her for a long, long time and when he phoned again last night to discuss I thought I'd give Rootschat a go and lol and behold......
Everyone on Rootschat is so helpful - thank you !
So do you think we are on the right trail ?
Kindest regards
Mary