Author Topic: Walter Thomas Stearn  (Read 2702 times)

Offline Billyblue

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Walter Thomas Stearn
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 07 October 17 01:07 BST (UK) »
Interesting. I wonder how long ago the CD was made, I..e. how long ago was that headstone viewed?  Sometimes they 'disappear' through vandalism, etc.
I did wonder, why the site didn't confirm grave location etc. when I put the info in.  Maybe it was malfunctioning?  Didn't seem to get the depth of information usually available ??? ??? ???

Let's hope the headstone is still there, then.
Dawn M
Denys (France); Rossier/Rousseau (Switzerland); Montgomery (Antrim, IRL & North Sydney NSW);  Finn (Co.Carlow, IRL & NSW); Wilson (Leicestershire & NSW); Blue (Sydney NSW); Fisher & Barrago & Harrington(all Tipperary, IRL)

Offline cando

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 07 October 17 08:19 BST (UK) »
I can't find Walter STEARN on Austcemindex and if you are searching his name with the cemetery it will bring up 0 inscriptions ie no entry.  Try searching his name without the cemetery and nothing.  Only 229 transcription entries for Waverley cemetery.  I think you have misinterpreted the results.

Inscriptions to 2002 on the CD published by the SAG.

Cando
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Ellen Blackham

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Saturday 07 October 17 12:15 BST (UK) »
Thank you Maddys52 no hurry whenever suits you, appreciate your help Regards Ellen

Offline Billyblue

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Saturday 07 October 17 14:56 BST (UK) »
I can't find Walter STEARN on Austcemindex and if you are searching his name with the cemetery it will bring up 0 inscriptions ie no entry.  Try searching his name without the cemetery and nothing.  Only 229 transcription entries for Waverley cemetery.  I think you have misinterpreted the results.

Inscriptions to 2002 on the CD published by the SAG.
Cando

Agree, Cando.  0 inscriptions to me means no headstone inscribed/ transcribed , i.e. he's not in the 229 that have been transcribed.  Did SAG publish a Cd with only 229 inscriptions??
  Waverley Cemetery has already confirmed to the OP that he is in that cemetery.  It's a huge cemetery, from my memory, and from some general photos on another site I found, very crowded. Remember that Austcemindex is an index of inscribed/transcribed headstones, not a record of all 'inhabitants'.  Though you found an inscription somewhere?  Was that from the SAG CD?

All a bit strange ???

Dawn M
Denys (France); Rossier/Rousseau (Switzerland); Montgomery (Antrim, IRL & North Sydney NSW);  Finn (Co.Carlow, IRL & NSW); Wilson (Leicestershire & NSW); Blue (Sydney NSW); Fisher & Barrago & Harrington(all Tipperary, IRL)

Offline maddys52

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Sunday 08 October 17 03:11 BST (UK) »
Thank you Maddys52 no hurry whenever suits you, appreciate your help Regards Ellen

No problem Ellen   :)

Offline cando

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Monday 09 October 17 01:15 BST (UK) »
Dawn M I don't know what's strange.  You appear to have misunderstood the result from Auscemindex.  There isn't an entry for him at Waverley ie 0   It's obvious that volunteers have started to photograph and transcribe the photos of headstones at Waverley to the online database. 

My resource shows there is a plaque or headstone with an inscription.  All on the thread.

Thank you maddy for helping Ellen.  What goes round comes round ;D

Cando
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk