Author Topic: Facebook  (Read 1385 times)

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Facebook
« on: Thursday 05 October 17 11:18 BST (UK) »
Can anyone suggest any direct methods of contacting Facebook?I am being thwarted by their systems in my attempts to regain access to my account.

Regards
William Russell Jones.
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Francis - Nantwich Cheshire.
Dennell - Cheshire/Staffordshire.
Talbot-Shropshire
Census Information Is Crown Copyright,from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Finley 1

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • a digital one for now real one espere
    • View Profile
Re: Facebook
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 05 October 17 11:38 BST (UK) »
I needed to contact them once regarding something and found the contact details  somewhere on the help page   and they responded and assisted immediately.

xin

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 05 October 17 11:50 BST (UK) »
I needed to contact them once regarding something and found the contact details  somewhere on the help page   and they responded and assisted immediately.

xin

I'm getting nowhere in my attempts to find a way to contact them.Of course it is very easy if you are able to log in to your account.Otherwise though it isn't like a Website like for instance Argos where you are able to phone them up?

Regards
William Russell Jones.
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Talbot-Shropshire

Offline carol8353

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me,mum and dad and both gran's c 1955
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 05 October 17 12:11 BST (UK) »
There's a link at the bottom of this page on how to recover your account.

https://www.facebook.com/help/213395615347144
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 05 October 17 12:23 BST (UK) »
There's a link at the bottom of this page on how to recover your account.

https://www.facebook.com/help/213395615347144
Thanks but I have tried using this process since last Friday.Through perhaps understandable frustration it says that I am trying too many times.

Regards
William Russell Jones.
All North Wales.
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Talbot-Shropshire

Offline Finley 1

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • a digital one for now real one espere
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 05 October 17 12:50 BST (UK) »
This is an example of why we should have a 'Trustee' of some kind for our Social media / Genealogy sites etc.

If the inevitable happens with facebook ... They continue to display your page .. 2 / 3yrs  or goodness knows how long after your demise, cos no one has the correct password to shut it down!!!!! stupid.  My cousin died some years ago now, but can still be found on FB bless him.  xxx

I am about to make my daughter my 'trustee'  for Ancestry... but not sure why anymore.. losing interest fast, with the many 'dumb' trees on there.

xin

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 05 October 17 13:03 BST (UK) »
This is an example of why we should have a 'Trustee' of some kind for our Social media / Genealogy sites etc.

If the inevitable happens with facebook ... They continue to display your page .. 2 / 3yrs  or goodness knows how long after your demise, cos no one has the correct password to shut it down!!!!! stupid.  My cousin died some years ago now, but can still be found on FB bless him.  xxx

I am about to make my daughter my 'trustee'  for Ancestry... but not sure why anymore.. losing interest fast, with the many 'dumb' trees on there.

xin

Yes with many of such Websites it can be a very frustrating time for users.

Regarrds
William Russell Jones.
All North Wales.
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Talbot-Shropshire

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 05 October 17 13:11 BST (UK) »
Given that the process involves submitting a  new password after receiving a code by email,I'm now getting an error message which states"You have tried entering too many codes.Try again later."The whole process has become for me rather like a revolving door!

Regards
William Russell Jones.
All North Wales.
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Talbot-Shropshire

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 05 October 17 13:17 BST (UK) »
Looking at various ways on Google most seem to assume that you can log in! One way might be to create another account using a different email address, log in on that and then get help that way?
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk