Author Topic: Wibberley from yorkshire  (Read 2572 times)

Offline judb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Wibberley from yorkshire
« Reply #9 on: Monday 09 October 17 07:05 BST (UK) »
And the occupation of the chap in Brisbane is "driver", which is the occupation given in the immigration record. There are no others of that surname listed at te same address in the Electoral rolls.

There are 9 entries in the phone book for WIBBERLEY in Qld, but none with his initial.  The index is not comprehensive as people  are not always listed.  However, perhaps a letter to each maybe useful.
https://www.whitepages.com.au/residential

Judith

DYER - Wilts, London, Somerset, MIDLANE - Hants, Wilts, SONE - Hants, WRIGHT - London, Hants, SEAGER - Deptford, DWYER, FERGUSON - Victoria, MASON - Woodford Vic, BALLARD - South Wales, GOULDBY - Lowestoft
"Time present and time past are both perhaps present in time future..." T S Eliot

UK Census information Crown Copyrightt, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline sparrett

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 09 October 17 07:44 BST (UK) »
What is your evidence for saying he is deceased? How do you know that

Sue
I would really like to hear from Krazykat87, our OP with persuasive evidence this chap is deceased.
Sue
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Krazykat87

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 09 October 17 08:00 BST (UK) »
I know he is dead because my grandad told me so. There is only him and his youngest sister left alive.
He just couldn’t remember where he went to live etc so I had no base to do a search as I tried putting what I knew in to ancestry and got nothing

My grandad is of complete sound mind but has never been one for details and dates. That was my mans job but she isn’t around to ask now

His mum was Nellie field and father Robert wibberley

EDITED TO ADD: My mum and gran ( dead now but i have the few notes i took) ,uncle and sister have also confirmed he died over there
Holmfirth, Austonley, Hoylandswaine etc: WIBBERLEY and FIELD
Marriages from above names to....CROOKS, WHITELEY, KAYE, DEARNALLY
Waterford, Ireland: POWER and SULLIVAN (Osullivan also)

Offline Krazykat87

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 09 October 17 08:03 BST (UK) »
What is your evidence for saying he is deceased? How do you know that?

Some more details from immigration voyage per  STRATHAIRD.
Norman WIBBERLEY. To Sydney.
DOB 22/6/1930
Single
Last Address, 27 Oatland Netherlong, Holmgarth, Huddersfield.
Motor Driver. Passport issued Uk.
Last permanent residence England
Intended permanent residence, Australia

Sue

This sounds like the right one. His father lived and died at 27 outlane, netherthong, holmfirth

Offline Aussie1947

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 09 October 17 20:58 BST (UK) »
Hi,

The State Library of Queensland hold Commonwealth Electoral Rolls in their family history section beyond 1980, you may want to consider using the "ask a Librarian service" to check the later roles for Norman at the New Farm address that appears on the 1980 Commonwealth Roll.

1980, Division of Griffith, Sub-Division of Merthyr.

http://askslq.altarama.com/reft100.aspx?pmi=KYZyEeUVpR

The staff in that Section are very helpful and professional.

Gerry

Offline Krazykat87

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 09 October 17 21:57 BST (UK) »
Thank you, il add that to my pile of to dos unless something else come up from somewhere :-)

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 10 October 17 00:59 BST (UK) »
Hi there,

I realise your family members have told you that he is deceased, but did they say he died in Australia, and if so, did they mention which state?  Or when?   I have searched diligently for his death in NSW and I have not yet found anything to show he is deceased.    I am sure other RChatters who have contributed to this thread have also searched using their own resources. 

Gerry has suggested you contact Qld State Library and given you the link.  That service is fully funded, so you will not be charged for the service.

You can check cemetery/crematorium indexes for Brisbane (capital city of the state of Queensland) here: https://graves.brisbane.qld.gov.au/

Have you checked out all the live links available at the Resources board (and its sub-boards) here:
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/australia-resources-offers/

There is a huge difference between finding an INDEX entry at an online database and actually confirming that that particular entry is for a particular person of interest, so I should mention that the Australian electoral rolls do not give a person's age, marital status, place of birth, or details about others in the household.

JM

The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 10 October 17 01:14 BST (UK) »
Several years ago now, an RChatter commenced a thread seeking some information about a relative.   They explained that they had attended that person's funeral accompanying their mum.  They mentioned the church, which is in the Newcastle district of NSW.   The family name was unusual and rang bells for me.   

You see, at that time I was regularly visiting one of my elderly relatives-in-law who were residing in an Aged Care facility in the Newcastle district.

Yes, I soon realised that that RChatter's aunty was still alive, frail but well cared for in that Aged Care facility.   

The thread was pulled off the public forum. 

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline Krazykat87

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday 10 October 17 13:53 BST (UK) »
Hi there,

I realise your family members have told you that he is deceased, but did they say he died in Australia, and if so, did they mention which state?  Or when?   I have searched diligently for his death in NSW and I have not yet found anything to show he is deceased.    I am sure other RChatters who have contributed to this thread have also searched using their own resources. 

Gerry has suggested you contact Qld State Library and given you the link.  That service is fully funded, so you will not be charged for the service.

You can check cemetery/crematorium indexes for Brisbane (capital city of the state of Queensland) here: https://graves.brisbane.qld.gov.au/

Have you checked out all the live links available at the Resources board (and its sub-boards) here:
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/australia-resources-offers/

There is a huge difference between finding an INDEX entry at an online database and actually confirming that that particular entry is for a particular person of interest, so I should mention that the Australian electoral rolls do not give a person's age, marital status, place of birth, or details about others in the household.

JM

i have sent my uncle a message and i will speak to my sister again tonight. He definately died over there and that was why my grandad couldnt attend. See how i go from speaking with them. my sister and uncle only met him when they were young and because he was so far away he only really stayed in contact with his sister and my grandad