Author Topic: Look Up Request - Marriage John Cooper to Ann surname unknown Staffordshire  (Read 823 times)

Offline Elizlloyd

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Hi

I am looking to find a marriage for John Cooper and Ann surname unknown the date they were married and where and in which church they were married,  they were the parents of Elizabeth Cooper born 29 Sept 1805. Whitmore and her brother Joseph 10/5/1812 also in Whitmore.

I would welcome any help with finding this information.

Thanks

Elizlloyd

Way, Haydon, Sharland, Frost, Gunn, Searles, Carew, Jones, Gould, Smith, Featherstone, Lloyd,

Offline emeltom

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Look Up Request - Marriage John Cooper to Ann surname unknown Staffordshire
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 29 October 17 14:19 GMT (UK) »
I can find two possible marriages in Stoke on Trent which is about 6 or so km from Whitmore.

John Cooper and Anne Lowe 8 April 1798. John gives abode as Newcastle (presumably Newcastle under Lyme) and his occupstion is Dyer.

John Cooper and Ann Roberts 13 November 1798. John's occupation is Goldbeater and Ann is from Cubley, Derbyshire.

Both these marriages are on FreeReg.

Emeltom
Smith Tiplady Boulton Branthwaite King Miller Woolfall Bretherton Archer and many more

Offline Elizlloyd

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 05 November 17 11:52 GMT (UK) »
Hi emeltom,

Thanks for your reply and Im just wondering how I will be able to find out which set of parents belongs to Elizabeth Cooper, I will try and figure out this one out and investigate further. Also to add have just seen your information on Freereg a good site I also have a membership with FindMyPast so hopefully with all the information on these different sites and Family search and Ancestry will be able to work further back................................ Personally with each of my family lines so far have found it difficult to work further back from beyond early 1700's not sure why that is maybe information was not recorded properly further back then....

Thanks for your help

Elizlloyd
Way, Haydon, Sharland, Frost, Gunn, Searles, Carew, Jones, Gould, Smith, Featherstone, Lloyd,

Offline emeltom

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 05 November 17 12:29 GMT (UK) »
I have had a look at the Censuses and I cannot find a John Cooper occupation Goldbeater. I can find a John Cooper, occupation Dyer with wife Ann in 1841. In 1851 he is living with son John and family, occupation Retired Silk Dyer.

If your John and Ann did not have a son called John then it is likely that Elizabeth's father was John Cooper, Goldbeater.

Emeltom
Smith Tiplady Boulton Branthwaite King Miller Woolfall Bretherton Archer and many more