Author Topic: 1811 will  (Read 1058 times)

Offline Kinsy

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: 1811 will
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 01 November 17 19:28 GMT (UK) »
Thanks, Cristeen - that's v.helpful.

Offline GerryNew

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: 1811 will
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 27 July 19 13:44 BST (UK) »
Well Kinsy, yet again & again !  The "Judge" grants joint admin is to his nephew Rev William Graham ( later of Belton in Rutland  )and the deceased's brother Joseph   Note the clerks handwritng in this record then note that the other signatures "appear" to be in a different handwriting -probably deciphered later in court ?  I wonder who Mary Boon was ?
  I assure you that the word clerk after William himself means he is a cleric or Reverend ( I have much proof of this in my docs)   So there is  direct male link right through to Gerrard Graham c 1906  the Electrical Engineer India etc that I last replied to.
 I was reading a letter from Rev Robert ( 98% certain now it was him) . I want to check his handwriting to fully prove it.   The Letter is to John Graham ( Rev Williams father & deceased's brother also) in 1810 It starts "Dear Brother"    . Contents fascinating. Rev William got his Belton "living" of £400 per year as a result of Application to Lord Longsdale & Lord Westmorland ( presumably through Rev Robert's efforts) thence  the 2 Lords applied to the Lord Chancellor for a vacant "living" .  There was a codicil to John's will dicussed too,
 I have letter of Admin & Will copies of  John( complete with its added codcil)    also  separate one of his wife Ann  These both consist of a cleks copy of original will  joined permantly to a letter of Administration done at the same time as the probate was granted ( sealed & sworn etc)   ( 1811 & 1814 respecively)