Author Topic: Casey family in Queensland  (Read 2570 times)

Offline pink petunia

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Casey family in Queensland
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 09 November 17 22:27 GMT (UK) »
It seems I have been concentrating on Queensland when I should have thought of elsewhere.  I have now been given a copy of the death cert of Edward Chaplin with the ages of his children. In 1939 Leslie Edward was  noted as 18 so the theory of adding a couple of years to his age  to join up seems to fit. His NOK was his brother in law, William McKenna, rather than his sister.
I have checked the NSW electoral rolls and a person I think may be him  from 1949 through to 1980 does not appear to have married. The 1987 death may well be him, however I can't find a link to any cemetery search pages like we have in NZ. Is there a way to search cemetery inscriptions?
pp

Offline Aussie1947

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Friday 10 November 17 00:50 GMT (UK) »
Hi pp,

Was the 1949 address for Leslie 35 Green's Road Paddington because if it was there was Margaret Jane Casey and Edward George Casey at the same address. 

From the Ryerson Index, the death on 15th July 1951, Margaret Jane Casey of Paddington and 25th December 1957, Edward George Casey of Paddington.

Gerry

Offline pink petunia

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 10 November 17 03:05 GMT (UK) »
All a bit confusing as there is an Edward Leslie and Leslie Edward, both in the Sydney Electoral rolls.
I found LE living at 2 Mooramie Ave for several years, never anyone else by name of Casey at his address. By 1980 I suspect it was the same man living at 1 Fernhill St. However there was also a large family of Caseys who were related living in the Sydney area. Unforunately Leslie is also a name which was used by many of the branches of the family. All a bit confusing.
pp

Offline Aussie1947

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Friday 10 November 17 03:51 GMT (UK) »
PP,

Please disregard my post it was Edward Leslie CASEY residing at 35 Green's Road in 1949 and not Leslie Edward CASEY.

Sorry.

Gerry

Offline rosball

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • John Scott Henderson 1853 Scotland -1919 Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Friday 10 November 17 06:27 GMT (UK) »
Hi PP,

Here is site for Eastern Suburbs Memorial Park (Finding Loved Ones) but I couldn't see Leslie (?)
http://www.easternsuburbsmemorialpark.com.au/finding-loved-ones.   Perhaps it's worth contacting them ... via contact us

Ros

adding : By the way his death notice says "late of Jeldi" and just in case you thought that was a town in NSW, Qld or wherever [ahem  :-[ :-[ ], Jeldi turns out to be a well-known (?) manufacturing company.
Let's not tolerate bullying !
Herrington Kent  Henderson Scotland Kerr Scotland Reston Scotland  Smith Scotland  Kellow Cornwall  Doney Cornwall  Wadeson Lancashire  Whiteley Yorkshire Gregan Ireland

Offline pink petunia

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Friday 10 November 17 19:57 GMT (UK) »
Thank you Ros. I had a look at the memorial site --a few other of my Casey relatives there but no Leslie. I did Google Jeldi previously as it looked like a town name  to me,and found  that it was a company. In the E/R ( if I have the right man) he was written as mechanic and later supervisor so may have worked there for several years. Thanks for your help.
pp