Author Topic: Seeking Caroline Louisa Gee and David Clark marriage, approx 1879, Liverpool  (Read 3702 times)

Offline bluesofa

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Seeking Caroline Louisa Gee and David Clark marriage, approx 1879, Liverpool
« Reply #36 on: Saturday 09 December 17 12:11 GMT (UK) »
Certificate is back.

Alexander Clark; 38yrs; Bachelor; Assurance Agent; 63 King St, Liscard; father John Clark (deceased); Stonemason
Caroline Louisa Gee; 40yrs; Spinster; -; 63 King St, Liscard; father James Gee (deceased); Fringe and Tassel Maker (Journeyman)
Witnesses, John Robinson, Isabel Bauskill

So supports there is no marriage between David and Caroline to be found.

I'll follow the leads in above thread relating to Alexander and Caroline.  The children in the 1911 census, as well as Caroline's name/age, suggest this is the same Caroline who was with David.  If I believe that, then the certificate gives me a lead to her parents.  I'll just have to try and find another way to identify David's parents.

Many thanks again everyone.

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Seeking Caroline Louisa Gee and David Clark marriage, approx 1879, Liverpool
« Reply #37 on: Saturday 09 December 17 12:47 GMT (UK) »
I gave you Caroline’s parents in reply 2
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Saturday 09 December 17 12:52 GMT (UK) »
There is this couple and marriage. I haven’t read the rest of the thread to see what was decided though  :-\  ::)

I wonder if David Clark was already married. There is an 1871 census entry for a David ( transcribed as Davies on Ancestry) Clark age 24, a Coach Smith, born Liverpool with wife Mary E age 19 and daughter Abler? Age 24 mths. Matching marriage seems to be David Clark to Mary Ellen Squire in 1870 in Liverpool. Select marriages on Ancestry indicate marriage on 17/1/1870 with David's father being Alexander Clark and Mary Ellen's father being Walter James Squire. Don't see any obvious birth for the daughter under Clark(e) or Squire and no sign of any of them in 1881.
Isobel
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline bluesofa

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Saturday 09 December 17 13:34 GMT (UK) »
I gave you Caroline’s parents in reply 2

Yep, thank you Carole, that's what I meant by following the leads in above thread relating to Alexander and Caroline.  I'll also follow Heywood's posts which give Alexander's parents.

With regards to David, there is a possible previous marriage. That David's age is consistent with the David who was with Caroline, and his Scottish Ancestry is consistent with family stories.  However, I'm not sure that is sufficient to be reasonably confident he is the same David.