Author Topic: Bachelor in Kent help please  (Read 5444 times)

Offline naomid

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Bachelor in Kent help please
« Reply #9 on: Monday 17 March 14 15:54 GMT (UK) »
I know I am nine years late, but I think I have an answer for you.

I have found a marriage of a Sophia BACHELOR to a Thomas PRALL (marriage netered as PYALL or POALL depending where you look), at Sheppey Minster in 1830.

Thomas and Sophia are living in Brenchley in 1841 onwards. In 1841, they have a daughter, Ann, born c1828 living with them. This looks like your Ann.

I am researching Thomas and Sophia's daughter Elizabeth.

Hope this helps!

Naomi

Hi carol and thank you again.

This Sophia is driving me up the wall.  The only other thing I can think of if someone had parish records of Ann's birth but I do not know what details they show as I have not got back this far before.

The other thing I thought of was maybe Bachelor was Sophia married name and she lost her husband.  See now I am going batty.

I will order Ann's marriage certificate and see what details I can get from that if any.

I am not giving up just yet (I will not let her beat me)

Regards
Sue

Offline margaret abram

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 23 June 16 11:31 BST (UK) »
Hi Sue,
Sophie Bachelor was my third great grandmother. Her oldest child was Ann born in 1828, and I go back to her daughter Elizabeth born in 1832.  Sophie married Thomas Prall from Brenchley Kent. I'm not sure if Ann's father was Thomas Prall as I believe they married in 1830. Margaret

Offline margaret abram

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 23 June 16 11:41 BST (UK) »
Hi All,
     Does anyone know is there's a Spanish connection in regards to Sophie Bachelor from Brenchley, Kent?
My grandfather said he had a spanish grandmother but I was too young to ask which side of the family.  Elizabeth Prall Wheatley lived with him when he was six and she was widowed from William Wheatley on the 1891 census, so I thought it might Elizabeth..who's mother was Sophie..I haven't found any link to Spain though. Thanks , Margaret