Author Topic: Hedwig Clara Martha REISINGER  (Read 2083 times)

Offline dcbnwh

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Hedwig Clara Martha REISINGER
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 24 December 17 11:34 GMT (UK) »
In 1923 John Oldnall Page was registered with his parents, Thomas and Kate, in Leominster, but no Hedwig recorded.
In 1925, John Oldnall Page was living in Osmaston Road, Leicester, but no Hedwig.
In 1928, he was in Linwood Lane, South Wigston.
In 1929-31, they were both in Linwood Drive, recorded as John Oldnall and Hetty Martha Clara Page. In one instance, she was Hadwig.

David

Offline SecondLife

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 24 December 17 12:41 GMT (UK) »
I apologise for not coming back earlier, Christmas sort of caught up with me, thank you so much for your help, it will give me something to think about.  Have a good Christmas everyone.  ;D

Offline SecondLife

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 24 December 17 14:11 GMT (UK) »
In 1923 John Oldnall Page was registered with his parents, Thomas and Kate, in Leominster, but no Hedwig recorded.
In 1925, John Oldnall Page was living in Osmaston Road, Leicester, but no Hedwig.
In 1929-31, they were both in Linwood Drive, recorded as John Oldnall and Hetty Martha Clara Page. In one instance, she was Hadwig.

David

Makes interesting reading, as I have checked the 3 children that are open on the 1939 Register and they are registered in Leicester under the surname Page with mmn as Reisinger, first child open was born 1923 then 1925 and then 1927, hmm the plot thickens

Offline chempat

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 24 December 17 21:09 GMT (UK) »
Would she be 'registered' if she were a foreign national?

Offline SecondLife

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 26 December 17 17:38 GMT (UK) »
I am beginning to wonder if her mmn was not Reisinger but in fact she was married before

Offline Mabel Bagshawe

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 26 December 17 18:46 GMT (UK) »

David

Makes interesting reading, as I have checked the 3 children that are open on the 1939 Register and they are registered in Leicester under the surname Page with mmn as Reisinger, first child open was born 1923 then 1925 and then 1927, hmm the plot thickens

Remember in the early 1920s she wouldn't be on the electoral register if she was under 30 years of age. Her death reg suggests b 1903, so they could be together/married c1922, but she wouldn't appear with John on registers. She turns up in 1929 when the age of women's suffrage is reduced to 21.

Offline dcbnwh

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 27 December 17 10:23 GMT (UK) »
 The first child in 1939 is balnked out and I can't see a birth registered with the correct mmn prior to the first named.

It could a child of a prior marriage to either parent or the birth may have been abroad, as perhaps was the marriage.

David

Offline chempat

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 27 December 17 16:38 GMT (UK) »
Are you in contact with any family member who may have more information about her?

Have you got a copy of her will or death certificate?

Offline Mabel Bagshawe

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 27 December 17 16:52 GMT (UK) »
The first child in 1939 is balnked out and I can't see a birth registered with the correct mmn prior to the first named.

It could a child of a prior marriage to either parent or the birth may have been abroad, as perhaps was the marriage.

David

Not sure what you are looking at - on FreeBMD there are 8 possible children born 1924 - 1944. The first has mmn spelled Riesinger/Rissinger (depending on the source), but the rest are as per the thread title