Author Topic: ADWY / BERSHAM BURIAL 1903-1906  (Read 3044 times)

Offline FRANK DAVIES

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
ADWY / BERSHAM BURIAL 1903-1906
« on: Thursday 04 August 05 14:38 BST (UK) »
I have Samuel Davies died 1903 and his mother Harriet Davies died 1906, (samuel at "old Greyhound/Harriet at Heol Maelor ,  Adwy Bersham ) can anybody suggest where they may have been buried and where I could get the details of the graveyard plan ( IF ANY)
I  am hoping her husband William is in the same grave?

Thanks Frank

Offline Peterej

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: ADWY / BERSHAM BURIAL 1903-1906
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 04 August 05 15:13 BST (UK) »
It depends on where they lived and which church/chapel they attended. Wrexham cemetery which is large is indexed and if you telephone Wrexham Archives on 01978 317973 they may be able to have a quick look for you as the index is on a computer disc. The disc also extends to Gresford cemetery which is unlikely and one other I cannot remember. They may be able to advise if they cannot be found.

There is a plan of the graveyard at Wrexham cemetery.

Peterej
Jones, Edwards, Davies, Owen, Benjamin , Hughes , Roberts,Thomas,Williams, Wynne , Griffiths, Howells, Rowlands etc etc
plus
Thomas,Trewren,Holmes,Thirlwall,Jones again & again
& more

"This information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk"

Offline Rinnie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 04 August 05 21:15 BST (UK) »
Hi

Adwy is in Coedpoeth so maybe they are buried there, I think there is only one churchyard can't remember the name of the church which is useful!! even though I can see it from where I work! Or they could have been buried in Southsea as thats not all to far away either!

Regards

Corinne
North Wales: Denbighshire: Williams, Griffiths, Davies, Jones, Speed, Matthias, Hopwood, Pugh, Hughes, Edwards, Rowland, Blower (Bloor)
Flintshire: Blower (Bloor), Williams, Clarke
Staffordshire: Darlington, Stubbs, Biddulph
Cheshire: Stubbs, Wade, Henshaw(Henshall)
Cumberland: Marriner, Tuddenham, Bell, Norman, Crozier
Norfolk: Tuddenham, Rolfe, Rosier

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Llosgi Calch

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census Info Crown Copyright of National Archives
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 04 August 05 22:22 BST (UK) »
There is an old cemetery opposite what was Adwy Chapel ( Chapel is now demolished with new small housing estate). The cemetery is located n main A525 just below the now closed Grosvernor Arms pub.

The main cemetery is located higher up the village, Cemetery Road is first left after the police station when travelling from Wrexham.

A chap named Thomas Mercer of Coedpoeth has produced several books on local monumental inscriptions of the cemeteries.
Lewis - Minera, Denbighshire & Llanerfyl, Montgomeryshire.<br />Davies - Llanfair Dyffryn Clwyd, Denbighshire.<br />Williams - Llanynys, Denbighshire.<br />Roberts - Cerrigydrudion, Denbighshire.<br />Clark(e) & Price - Wrecsam, Denbighshire.

Offline Peterej

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 04 August 05 22:33 BST (UK) »
There is also an old Welsh Chapel in Southsea just off the Brymbo road.  The Chapel was demolished some years ago.

Peterej
Jones, Edwards, Davies, Owen, Benjamin , Hughes , Roberts,Thomas,Williams, Wynne , Griffiths, Howells, Rowlands etc etc
plus
Thomas,Trewren,Holmes,Thirlwall,Jones again & again
& more

"This information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk"