Author Topic: Emma greening. b1849, (married 1869?). Brickwall  (Read 875 times)

Offline Brentor boy

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Emma greening. b1849, (married 1869?). Brickwall
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 11 January 18 09:21 GMT (UK) »
Thanks to all who have taken the trouble to respond. You have at least confirmed that I have not missed anything obvious.

Maddys52 has correctly identified Emma's family and census references.

I am satisfied that this is "my"  Emma. Only two children were registered in the name of Emma Greening in Devon between  1837/55 and the other one died in infancy. An Emma Jane Greening married in Stoke Damerel in 1865 was born in Dorset.

I have checked GRO Index for Curtis/Greening births post 1869 and drawn a blank, which encourages me to conclude they left the country. Does anyone know is it possible to search Curt* and Court* to cover the possibility  of variation?

I recognise the potential value  of the information contained in the marriage certificate  but am not  convinced that any additional detail about Samuel is going to add much in the forward search for them. If no further progress is made then I shall have to pursue that course.

Offline PaulineJ

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 11 January 18 11:20 GMT (UK) »

There is still the possibility that she is a widow, and wasn't born Emma Greening.
Until such time as you confirm details from the marriage, nothing more to be done.
All census look up transcriptions are Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/
======================================
We are not a search engine. We are human beings.

Offline Brentor boy

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 11 January 18 11:49 GMT (UK) »
Point taken.

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 11 January 18 12:03 GMT (UK) »
It is also difficult to see if they did leave the country as online passenger lists don't start until 1890.

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk