Author Topic: Warmley Tower Road Free Meth Ebeneezer Church  (Read 722 times)

Offline double-trouble

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Warmley Tower Road Free Meth Ebeneezer Church
« on: Thursday 11 January 18 17:30 GMT (UK) »
Found some Kirby family members bur . within the grounds via BAFHS website and found a very decent modern looking photo on Flickr . Another view elsewhere shows a graveyard to the front and info . to suggest it went to the back of the premises .

The modern picture shows a tarmaced area ( car park ) on the front and I wondered were the residents of the graves re-interred elsewhere . Is there a list of those moved ? and to where ?

I am visiting the area in the next few weeks and just looking to have a plan on which sites to visit in the hope of progressing my family info .

With thanks for any help in advance..
Purnell - Thornbury / Leon . Stanley
Strong - Thornbury / FOD
Kirby - Bitton / Oldland
Burgess - Bedminster
George - Hotwells
Ryan - Bristol
Richards - Bristol / N . Devon
Bennett - Sodburys
Fisher - Thornbury area
Dolling - Wick / Abson
Thomas / Evans - Merthyr / Aberdare / Trecynon
Tanner - Bristol
Ablett - Thornbury area
Flook - East Bristol
Bennett - Oldbury / Thornbury
Spencer - Wilts
Blannin(g) - Bristol
Pollard - Bedminster
Johnson ( Duffield ) - Bristol ( Monmouth )

Offline Daisypetal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Warmley Tower Road Free Meth Ebeneezer Church
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 11 January 18 21:17 GMT (UK) »

Hi,

This looks like the info when it was for sale, page 2 says,

"To the front of the building is a large former graveyard which is now closed to burials , and the few remaining gravestones will be removed prior to completion. It is considered that this area would be suitable for car parking and amenity space for a future development of flats (subject to planning consent)."

"http://www.midtrees.plus.com/acm/properties/Warmley%20Tower/WarmleyMethodistChurchparticulars26.pdf"

So maybe the buried weren't moved, just their headstones.

This might be the planning application regarding the chapel, I haven't looked through all 57 documents associated with this application.  :)

http://developments.southglos.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=summary&keyVal=ZZZTQ9OKXT578

If you don't find the answer there I would contact South Gloucestershire Council to see if they can tell you anything more.

Regards,
Daisy
All Census Data included in this post is Crown Copyright (see: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk)