Author Topic: Fenton/Nair family tree  (Read 638 times)

Offline Nicola0907

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Fenton/Nair family tree
« on: Saturday 20 January 18 13:22 GMT (UK) »
Hi

I was hoping that someone will be able to help with the mystery of the Fenton/Nair family tree. My grandmother was Lily Nair surprisingly as she thought she was Fenton all her life. I have just discovered a few facts about the family, apparently they were circus performers which falls in right because my grandmother told us that her mother was a bare back horse rider in the circus. If anyone is attempting to study this family tree please get in touch.
Thanks
Nicola

Offline chempat

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Fenton/Nair family tree
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 20 January 18 14:57 GMT (UK) »
Just putting a link to that other posting that you have found, with some more background information from others:

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=731614.0

Have you looked to see if anyone else is studying your family by looking in 'Surname Interests' under 'Your Tools' below?

Offline Nicola0907

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 20 January 18 15:01 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Thanks for sending the link but I have already read through it all. There seemed to be a few people trying to solve the family mystery so I was hoping they all see the post.
Thanks

Online bbart

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 29 January 19 20:41 GMT (UK) »
Do you have Lily's actual birthdate, or at least year?  I am trying to track Nair and his circus through the old newspapers, and although based for a while in Wales, they did travel to Ireland, and throughout England.  I'm thinking she might not be born where she thought she was?