Author Topic: Annie Roberts 1890 father David Roberts  (Read 1203 times)

Offline nigels

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Annie Roberts 1890 father David Roberts
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 28 January 18 07:55 GMT (UK) »
Thank you everyone - this is the puzzle

At the wedding Proverbs signed the marriage certificate as witnesses perhaps David her father did not come from Wales for the wedding. That is a positive I guess.

Now on the wedding certificate David's occupation is Joiner so that would tie in with David/Mary but Annie's age would be wrong, but the name is spelt correctly Annie.

David and Grace has more of a Warrington feel but father a wheelwright (not a joiner), and name Ann not Annie. The age is more correct, and I guess a wheelwright is working with wood. The naming convention mentioned is very positive. If I was assuming this one would seem very interesting. And the fact you kindly found Ann Roberts close to Warrington in 1911 and only 3 miles from her known residence at her wedding in 1912.

The other positive the person I am working with was lots of Roberts DNA matches with Roberts families from Wales. Thanks for the ideas something for us to work on.

The mystery continues...

Thanks
Nigel

Offline nigels

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 28 January 18 08:42 GMT (UK) »
Even more exciting proof looked at David and Grace in 1911 and they made a right mess of their census even listing the dead children. David was a wheelwright in a quarry and his son was a joiner. On the census Ann is now Annie and listed as a "general servant" . This is great we now have an Annie as a servant . They listed all their children ( some crossed out dead ) so not worried that Annie is listed with being back home in 1911 and in Walton as a servant.

Offline Marj

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 28 January 18 11:49 GMT (UK) »
This could be her birth registration.

Births Jun 1890 

Roberts Ann  Conway 11b 480 mmn Jones

Marj

Census information Crown Copyright from
www.nationalarchives.gov.uk.

Moran, Healey, Gouldbourn, Drury