Author Topic: Joseph Herrington died Featherstone Jan 1926  (Read 623 times)

Offline mmm45

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Joseph Herrington died Featherstone Jan 1926
« on: Wednesday 24 January 18 23:23 GMT (UK) »
Hello
Would anyone be able to tell me which newspapers I should look at for the inquest of Joseph Herrington a miner who died after accident the inquest according to DC was 26th Jan 1926
Was hoping there maybe an obituary or photo of him.

Ady
Lowe(Lower Gornall-Castleford)
Blackburn (Castleford)
Sidwell(Ledsham)
Fairburn(Hartshead)
Wood(Liversedge)
Tallon (Whittington Lancs/Hartshead West Yorkshire)

Researching all Great War soldiers from the Spen Valley of West Yorkshire Especially lads from the Cleckheaton Company of 1/4th West Riding Regiment.

Offline Millmoor

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Joseph Herrington died Featherstone Jan 1926
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 24 January 18 23:51 GMT (UK) »
There are pieces in the Leeds Mercury and the Hull Daily Mail 26 Jan 1926 - there are also articles on the 19th and 25th prior to the inquest. (Easy to find - just search for  Joseph Herrington January 1926). It is quite a tragic story - he had a sceptic thumb and in fear escaped from hospital. The verdict was death by misadventure, the result of the sepsis and exposure in his flight from the hospital.

William
Dent (Haltwhistle and Sacriston), Bell and Jetson (Haltwhistle), Postle, Ward, Longstaff, Purvis, Manners, Parnaby and Hardy (Co. Durham), Kennedy and McRobert (Banffshire), Reid(Bathgate), Watson (Wemyss), Graham (Libberton), Sandilands (Carmichael), Munro (Dingwall)

Offline mmm45

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Joseph Herrington died Featherstone Jan 1926
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 25 January 18 00:51 GMT (UK) »
Thank you so much,I've researched Joseph over the years he was a mate of my great uncle.Joesph was a Coldstream Guardsman who became a Royal Engineer Tunneler and served through the war only to die tragically like this.This final piece of info completes my research.

Ady
Lowe(Lower Gornall-Castleford)
Blackburn (Castleford)
Sidwell(Ledsham)
Fairburn(Hartshead)
Wood(Liversedge)
Tallon (Whittington Lancs/Hartshead West Yorkshire)

Researching all Great War soldiers from the Spen Valley of West Yorkshire Especially lads from the Cleckheaton Company of 1/4th West Riding Regiment.