Author Topic: Christiana Munro, daughter of John and Margaret. Who were they?  (Read 12535 times)

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
Re: NSW immigration card, 1839
« Reply #54 on: Saturday 11 August 18 07:23 BST (UK) »
two snips attached, to help with deciphering of the long 's'

JM  :)

oops, sorry, only one snip worked  ::)
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: Saturday 11 August 18 07:25 BST (UK) »
 :)  Alexander MUNROE
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: Saturday 11 August 18 08:52 BST (UK) »
May I note that the info on this document may have not been read by the immigrant and actually be based on her verbal advice and her baptismal certificate.   

On your other thread you mention she married in 1840.  What info on the mc?

JM

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: Saturday 11 August 18 09:07 BST (UK) »
I agree that it looks like a long s but also like the g, as the OP mentions. 

If it is a parish in Ross and Cromarty it would be Logie and also Logie Easter  (Wester is in Urquhart). There is no such parish as Losie in R & C. Also, note that there is no second s after the longs/g, which further add to the conclusion that it is Logie.

This parish is to the South of the Dornoch Firth.

Gadget - who once lived in R & C
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: Saturday 11 August 18 10:17 BST (UK) »
 :)

Hi Gadget,,

I am half a world away,  and   :D  happily defer to your knowledge.

:)

JM

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: Saturday 11 August 18 10:51 BST (UK) »
There's a possible family in 1841
Pitmaduthy, Logie Easter
John Munro, 55-59, Ag lab
Margaret, 60-64
Ann, 45-49
Catherine, 30-34
All b. county

The only other one with a John in Logie Easter who is  old enough to be the father, is a teacher

This on Freecen - https://freecen2.freecen.org.uk/

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Missing Munros of Ross & Cromarty
« Reply #60 on: Saturday 11 August 18 12:10 BST (UK) »
Yet another thread regarding Lossie/Logie:
Threads merged.

I am not sure where to post this, on this thread or one of the other threads, but I will continue here ...

It might be worth looking at all the passengers on the Lady McNaughton. On the above thread there is mention of an Alexander Munroe and a George Munro. Donald McDonald is there, as is wife Mary and children, and so is Ewan McLachlan. Parent's names are given.

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: Saturday 11 August 18 12:40 BST (UK) »
May I note that the info on this document may have not been read by the immigrant and actually be based on her verbal advice and her baptismal certificate.   

On your other thread you mention she married in 1840.  What info on the mc?

JM

Agh I see on the other thread there you have posted the NSW BDM isued document for the 1840 marriage ...  civil registration commenced 1856 for NSW ... The early church ecords that NSWBDM holds are scant on their info,  but I notice the bride signs with her X mark ..

Has anyone actually sought access to the parish register or the clergy family sheets for that parish?

Perhaps there will be details there...

Please check RChats NSW resources for the live links to flickr etc for the digitised images of C hrist Church Catherdal's baptisms marriages  burials and family sheets...  Northumberland is a county in NSW and Newcastle is its major city.  MR ... the code on the marriage may well be within those digitised registers ...  fingers crossed... 

JM on kindle reader so unable to provide live link to the resources board for NSW ...sorry ....

:)  :) 

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Missing Munros of Ross & Cromarty
« Reply #62 on: Saturday 11 August 18 13:02 BST (UK) »
I have posted further info on the thread on the decipher board but it mght be useful here too,  ... briefly,  the 1840 m.c. is pre civil registration for NSW ,,,,  so scant info .... but bride signed X mark so unlikely to have had skills to read the immigration documents in long hand scrawl to notice any errors or possible mis-reads... BUT  :)  :)  :)

Possible .... CofE may be ( big IF) the original parish register and also family sheet is digitised and readily available ... see my other post.

JM