Author Topic: William Williamson, born 1770-1780 and lived in Boston for much of his life  (Read 841 times)

Offline KeithTruman

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
William Williamson, born 1770-1780 and lived in Boston for much of his life
« on: Tuesday 20 February 18 15:10 GMT (UK) »
Hi everyone,

I am really stuck. I am researching a William Williamson who was a Mariner and who was likely born 1770-1780. Now I know he married an Eleanor Gollin (spelling may be wrong) in St Botolphs in Boston in 1804 and they had a number of children all baptised in the same church. Now, on the Parish Record entry for the marriage, it describes William as being of “High Church Hull” and that William was a Widower. We know William was a Mariner as this is included as an occupation in the Baptisms of his children. I also believe that William had a brother Joseph, a Cabinet Maker (died aged 60 in Boston). William himself may have died in Boston in 1834 or in 1847.

Now, the question is, if William and Joseph were brothers, who were their parents? Also, if William Williamson was a Mariner, are there any records for Mariners I can use to find out more about him?

Any help you can offer will be much appreciated.

Keith

Offline PaulineJ

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
All census look up transcriptions are Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/
======================================
We are not a search engine. We are human beings.

Offline lizdb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: William Williamson, born 1770-1780 and lived in Boston for much of his life
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 20 February 18 15:32 GMT (UK) »
Same request here
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=788288.msg6437866#msg6437866

with replies - thay have led to a more accurate birthdate

Thus I would suggest all discussion carries on on that thread, to prevent any duplication of effort.

(snap Pauline!)
Edmonds/Edmunds - mainly Sussex
DeBoo - London
Green - Suffolk
Parker - Sussex
Kemp - Essex
Farrington - Essex
Boniface - West Sussex

census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk