Author Topic: Missing Solloway death  (Read 1994 times)

Offline fayl

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Missing Solloway death
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 04 March 18 15:47 GMT (UK) »

Well that's the only thing/explanation i can come up with as I cannot find any records for "Elizabeth" - apart from the marriage.

Fay

Family name Preston (of Birmingham)
Husselbe (Shropshire), Harper (Claverley, Stoke, Warwick, Birmingham) Lloyd (Shropshire & Birmingham) Pitt (Birmingham) Francis (Shropshire) Lloyd (Shropshire & Birmingham). Taylor (Birmingham).  Mellon(Mallon), Convery, Atchison (Gateshead & Ireland).

Offline jonw65

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 04 March 18 15:49 GMT (UK) »

Offline fayl

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 04 March 18 15:59 GMT (UK) »

The 1841 census is a possibility as the area is close to Rugeley where she was born.

Fay
Husselbe (Shropshire), Harper (Claverley, Stoke, Warwick, Birmingham) Lloyd (Shropshire & Birmingham) Pitt (Birmingham) Francis (Shropshire) Lloyd (Shropshire & Birmingham). Taylor (Birmingham).  Mellon(Mallon), Convery, Atchison (Gateshead & Ireland).

Offline andrewalston

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My granddad
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 04 March 18 16:46 GMT (UK) »
Yes, the 1841 is almost certainly the right Lucy. Being in service is an obvious link.

There would have been no reason for Johnson not to marry Lucy if Elizabeth had not existed.

So where is she hiding?
Looking at ALSTON in south Ribble area, ALSTEAD and DONBAVAND/DUNBABIN etc. everywhere, HOWCROFT and MARSH in Bolton and Westhoughton, PICKERING in the Whitehaven area.

Census information is Crown Copyright. See www.nationalarchives.gov.uk for details.

Offline fayl

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 04 March 18 16:55 GMT (UK) »

Did Elizabeth actually exist though.  I cannot find any records for her - birth, census or death - apart from a name on a marriage certificate.

I am still of the opinion Lucy and Elizabeth are the same person, and due to Lucy being half sister of his first wife - chose not to divulge the marriage/relationship on the census.

Though I doubt we will ever know if this is true - unless you can find Elizabeth prior to the marriage - birth, census.

Fay