Author Topic: Children of Joseph Dean and sarah Wildblood 1792-1815  (Read 775 times)

Offline queenswood 1

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Children of Joseph Dean and sarah Wildblood 1792-1815
« on: Monday 05 March 18 20:05 GMT (UK) »
I have located baptisms for the following children of this union as follows:

Children of Joseph Dean and Sarah Wildblood- married 1792
1794   16th Feb   Dinah DAIN   Wybunbury CPR   Joseph Dain of Weston
1795   28th June   Mary DAIN   Wybunbury CPR   Joseph of Snape in Weston
1797   17th Sept   Sarah Dean   Wybunbury CPR   Joseph Dean of Snape
1799         John      to be traced (died Nov 1841 aged 42 in Snape)
1801   28th April   Thomas Dean   Barthomley FS   Joseph & Sarah Dean of Snape
1803   26th April   George Dean      Barthomley FS   Joseph & Sarah Dean of Snape
1806   16th June   Ann Dean      Barthomley FS   Joseph & Sarah Dean Farmer Snape
1808         William Dean      To be traced
1810         Joseph Dean      To be traced
1813   10th January   Hannah Dean      Betley FS      Joseph and Sarah Dean

I am still struggling to find baptism records as shown above for John (I believe he was born 1799 as he died in 1841 aged 42);
Also looking for baptisms for William and Joseph. I know these siblings all existed as I have the will for John Dean (born c 1799) and his siblings are listed but would like to find the baptisms for John, William and Joseph.
The family lived at Snape, Weston- but both the parents- Sarah and Joseph- wee buried at Betley in 1815 and 1831 respectively, which led me to think there must have been a shift in the latter years for the baptisms, from Wybunbury rto St Bertolines Barthomley and finally to Betley.

Joseph was a farmer of Snape for the majority of his life, and his own parents Joseph and Elizabeth Dean (married 1766 in Audley) owned and lived at Snape Bank Farm until his widowed mother died aged 80 in 1826. Joseph's son John then took over the farm.

Any help to nail this query would be fantastic.
Thank you.
Caroline
Any help would be appreciated
Roots/Day/Atkins - (Essex/Suffolk/ London)Bourne/Milner/Corden-(Staffs/Shrops/Cheshire)
Wood/Gibbs/Battrick/Fall/Budden-(Dorset)

Offline Annette7

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Children of Joseph Dean and sarah Wildblood 1792-1815
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 06 March 18 01:54 GMT (UK) »
I'm wondering if the John Dean bp.31/3/1799 Wybunbury, son of John should in fact be son of Joseph??   The reason I suggest it is that there no other children baptised at Wybunbury with a father John until 1820's.

Annette
Scopes (One-Name Study - Worldwide)
Suffolk - Grist, Knights, Bullenthorpe, Watcham
Scotland - Spence, Horne, Cowan, Moffat
London -  Monk

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.   Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.   Just walk beside me and be my friend.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline queenswood 1

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 06 March 18 07:23 GMT (UK) »
Yes- as I stated John was the son of Joseph and Sarah-Joseph was a farmer at Snape, Weston.  I have John's  Will- he died in 1841 aged 42 and very kindly left bequests to all his siblings- hence I have been able to locate all the baptisms except 3- his being one, along with brothers Joseph and William.

Hope this may help to locate the missing 3 baptisms
Caroline

Roots/Day/Atkins - (Essex/Suffolk/ London)Bourne/Milner/Corden-(Staffs/Shrops/Cheshire)

Offline emeltom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 06 March 18 08:33 GMT (UK) »
Absolutely nothing coming up in either Cheshire or Staffordshire. I have even tried searching without a surname but cannot find a thing.

Emeltom
Smith Tiplady Boulton Branthwaite King Miller Woolfall Bretherton Archer and many more

Offline queenswood 1

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 06 March 18 14:49 GMT (UK) »
Their mother Sarah came from Smallwood and I wonder if that might throw anything up xx just a thought.
Caroline