Author Topic: june 1866 willenhall coroner inquest lookup  (Read 730 times)

Offline bradelkington

• RootsChat Veteran
  • third great grandmother Elizabeth bull b.1839
    • View Profile
june 1866 willenhall coroner inquest lookup
« on: Friday 09 March 18 13:09 GMT (UK) »
Hi there I just received a death certificate of a 2 year old boy son of my 3x great grandparents Isaac fryer brass caster of willenhall and ann his mother.
he died 31 may 1866 aged 2 years from scalding from pulling a bason of hot tea over him self -9days. inquest held 2 june 1866
kind regards

Offline Ladyhawk

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: june 1866 willenhall coroner inquest lookup
« Reply #1 on: Friday 09 March 18 13:32 GMT (UK) »
I just received a death certificate of a 2 year old boy son
of my 3x great grandparents Isaac fryer brass caster of willenhall and ann his mother.

he died 31 may 1866 aged 2 years from scalding from pulling a bason of hot tea over him self -9days.

inquest held 2 june 1866

You don't give Isaac and Ann sons name - have tried the British newspaper archives
https://www.britishnewspaperarchive.co.uk/

I don't know if this link will be of any help - a brief guide to help you with your research into coroners’ inquests
http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/help-with-your-research/research-guides/coroners-inquests/
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline bradelkington

• RootsChat Veteran
  • third great grandmother Elizabeth bull b.1839
    • View Profile
Re: june 1866 willenhall coroner inquest lookup
« Reply #2 on: Friday 09 March 18 13:40 GMT (UK) »
Ah sorry juat realised the son was named William fryer. I had a look on findmypast at staffordshire/wolverhampton newspapers at around the death date and couldn't find anything but I may of missed it. Nothing came up from searching I had a look through the actual photocopies but nothing it seems.