Author Topic: Richard Young Berwick 1700s  (Read 662 times)

Offline rbell35

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Richard Young Berwick 1700s
« on: Saturday 10 March 18 05:06 GMT (UK) »
Seeking information on the occupation of a Richard Young who married a Christian Rogers at  Berwick on Tweed Northumberland on 4/8/1777. I have checked the IGI record but this does not indicate an occupation. Are there other places I should check? Thanks Rob - Australia

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copywrite on all census material,
    • View Profile
Re: Richard Young Berwick 1700s
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 10 March 18 09:14 GMT (UK) »
Have you looked at his childrens baptisms to see if his occupation is recorded,did he leave a will hat may contain information
Gunning County Down,Kneale Isle of Man,Riddle Tynemouth,Bibby Kendal/Bradford,Colenso Penzance/Barrow-in-Furness,Steele Corney Fell,Chapman Ely,Dawes Alfreton,Blamire Westmoreland and Ulverston
Dislike the use of P Messaging system, unless its of a sensitive nature, Rootschat is  an open forum,

Offline rbell35

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 10 March 18 10:07 GMT (UK) »
Hi Radcliffe I have looked on Familysearch.org but these records do not seem to include occupations. Perhaps I am looking in the wrong place?

Offline 2zpool

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 11 March 18 07:45 GMT (UK) »
The record says:  4 Aug 1777 Richard Young of the parish of Carham and Christian Rogers of this parish.  Wit:  William Hogg and Charles Heatly.

Marriage this early do not usually contain with parties occupations, father's name and occupation.

Since Richard is from Carham there were probably banns announced there also.

Janis
Co. Durham:  Hall, Snowdon, Makepeace, Barnfather, Barrass, Gray/Grey, Wilson, Carr, Cole, Richardson, Greener, Lamb
Northumberland:  Grey/Gray, Richardson, Barnfather, Heron, Redpath
------------------------------------------------------------------
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline rbell35

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 11 March 18 07:51 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Janis actually I could not pick this detail up on familysearch.org . Where did you read this from? The only Christian Rogers I can find are the one at Shropshire (b.1755) & at Alverstoke Hampshire in 1762. If however she is local maybe her name is recorded differently at birth! But not sure! Cheers Rob

Offline 2zpool

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 11 March 18 15:29 GMT (UK) »
In a marriage the parish record will give where the person is in residence at the time.  It does not mean they were born there.

I have many transcripts of parishes in the area that are true transcripts   This record that I have starts in 1754.  There was a family with the surname Rogers in the area--Samuel Rogers Town Adjutant.  There were also a lot of soldier's families

I can't figure out what records are available since they improved the website.

Where did this family live and have children?  Were they something other than Church of England? 

Janis
Co. Durham:  Hall, Snowdon, Makepeace, Barnfather, Barrass, Gray/Grey, Wilson, Carr, Cole, Richardson, Greener, Lamb
Northumberland:  Grey/Gray, Richardson, Barnfather, Heron, Redpath
------------------------------------------------------------------
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk